Salt Lake City house fire Thursday morning displaces 3
SALT LAKE CITY — Three people were displaced from their home following a house fire early Thursday.
About 2:30 a.m., either a neighbor or passerby called 911 to report a fire at 853 W. Montague Ave. (930 South), said Salt Lake City Fire spokesman Jasen Asay. A few minutes later, emergency dispatchers received a second 911 call from someone inside the burning structure, he said.
The fire was brought under control several minutes after crews arrived. The cause of the fire was determined to be "old electrical wiring in the attic," Asay said.
All three adults in the house were able to get out of the house uninjured.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9