Salt Lake City house fire Thursday morning displaces 3
SALT LAKE CITY — Three people were displaced from their home following a house fire early Thursday.
About 2:30 a.m., either a neighbor or passerby called 911 to report a fire at 853 W. Montague Ave. (930 South), said Salt Lake City Fire spokesman Jasen Asay. A few minutes later, emergency dispatchers received a second 911 call from someone inside the burning structure, he said.
The fire was brought under control several minutes after crews arrived. The cause of the fire was determined to be "old electrical wiring in the attic," Asay said.
All three adults in the house were able to get out of the house uninjured.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 85
- Bingham High students walk out over... 74
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 23
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18