Salt Lake City house fire Thursday morning displaces 3
SALT LAKE CITY — Three people were displaced from their home following a house fire early Thursday.
About 2:30 a.m., either a neighbor or passerby called 911 to report a fire at 853 W. Montague Ave. (930 South), said Salt Lake City Fire spokesman Jasen Asay. A few minutes later, emergency dispatchers received a second 911 call from someone inside the burning structure, he said.
The fire was brought under control several minutes after crews arrived. The cause of the fire was determined to be "old electrical wiring in the attic," Asay said.
All three adults in the house were able to get out of the house uninjured.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35