Salt Lake City house fire Thursday morning displaces 3
SALT LAKE CITY — Three people were displaced from their home following a house fire early Thursday.
About 2:30 a.m., either a neighbor or passerby called 911 to report a fire at 853 W. Montague Ave. (930 South), said Salt Lake City Fire spokesman Jasen Asay. A few minutes later, emergency dispatchers received a second 911 call from someone inside the burning structure, he said.
The fire was brought under control several minutes after crews arrived. The cause of the fire was determined to be "old electrical wiring in the attic," Asay said.
All three adults in the house were able to get out of the house uninjured.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23