Salt Lake City house fire Thursday morning displaces 3
SALT LAKE CITY — Three people were displaced from their home following a house fire early Thursday.
About 2:30 a.m., either a neighbor or passerby called 911 to report a fire at 853 W. Montague Ave. (930 South), said Salt Lake City Fire spokesman Jasen Asay. A few minutes later, emergency dispatchers received a second 911 call from someone inside the burning structure, he said.
The fire was brought under control several minutes after crews arrived. The cause of the fire was determined to be "old electrical wiring in the attic," Asay said.
All three adults in the house were able to get out of the house uninjured.
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Students wear green to honor 2 Hillcrest...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15