Westminster athletics: 1957 football team and Dale Thibault ‘58 to be inducted into Westminster Hall of Fame
SALT LAKE CITY — The Westminster College Athletics Department is pleased to announce that the 1957 Westminster Parsons football team and Dale Thibault, Westminster Class of 1958 and a member of the team, will be inducted into the Westminster Hall of Fame in February.
The 2013 Athletic Hall of Fame Celebration and Senior Student-Athlete Recognition takes place Friday, February 1, with a reception and dinner for the inductees and the senior student-athletes. All events take place in the Behnken Field House of the Dolores Doré Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center.
Everyone attending the reception Friday will receive admission and be welcome at a reception Saturday, February 2, at 7 p.m. before the men's basketball game against Lewis-Clark State.
The 1957 Westminster College Parsons football team finished the season with an 8-1-1 record under head coach Al Mercer. This Griffins team had the best record in the state of Utah that season and recorded the best season in school history.
Thibault started for three consecutive seasons for Westminster College after sitting out the 1954 season with an injury. He was the team’s leading rusher in all three seasons and was named a NAIA Little All-American after his senior season in 1957. He was a co-captain of the team in 1956 and 1957.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19