Westminster athletics: 1957 football team and Dale Thibault ‘58 to be inducted into Westminster Hall of Fame
SALT LAKE CITY — The Westminster College Athletics Department is pleased to announce that the 1957 Westminster Parsons football team and Dale Thibault, Westminster Class of 1958 and a member of the team, will be inducted into the Westminster Hall of Fame in February.
The 2013 Athletic Hall of Fame Celebration and Senior Student-Athlete Recognition takes place Friday, February 1, with a reception and dinner for the inductees and the senior student-athletes. All events take place in the Behnken Field House of the Dolores Doré Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center.
Everyone attending the reception Friday will receive admission and be welcome at a reception Saturday, February 2, at 7 p.m. before the men's basketball game against Lewis-Clark State.
The 1957 Westminster College Parsons football team finished the season with an 8-1-1 record under head coach Al Mercer. This Griffins team had the best record in the state of Utah that season and recorded the best season in school history.
Thibault started for three consecutive seasons for Westminster College after sitting out the 1954 season with an injury. He was the team’s leading rusher in all three seasons and was named a NAIA Little All-American after his senior season in 1957. He was a co-captain of the team in 1956 and 1957.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- How about a Utah-BYU matchup in NCAA tournament?
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 102
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 76
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27