Westminster athletics: 1957 football team and Dale Thibault ‘58 to be inducted into Westminster Hall of Fame
SALT LAKE CITY — The Westminster College Athletics Department is pleased to announce that the 1957 Westminster Parsons football team and Dale Thibault, Westminster Class of 1958 and a member of the team, will be inducted into the Westminster Hall of Fame in February.
The 2013 Athletic Hall of Fame Celebration and Senior Student-Athlete Recognition takes place Friday, February 1, with a reception and dinner for the inductees and the senior student-athletes. All events take place in the Behnken Field House of the Dolores Doré Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center.
Everyone attending the reception Friday will receive admission and be welcome at a reception Saturday, February 2, at 7 p.m. before the men's basketball game against Lewis-Clark State.
The 1957 Westminster College Parsons football team finished the season with an 8-1-1 record under head coach Al Mercer. This Griffins team had the best record in the state of Utah that season and recorded the best season in school history.
Thibault started for three consecutive seasons for Westminster College after sitting out the 1954 season with an injury. He was the team’s leading rusher in all three seasons and was named a NAIA Little All-American after his senior season in 1957. He was a co-captain of the team in 1956 and 1957.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 31
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22