BYU womens basketball: Morgan Bailey and Jennifer Hamson lead BYU to 67-39 victory over UCSB
The Cougars took their largest lead of the game with 3:21 left in the second half, when they led by 28.
BYU had four players in double figures, the second game in a row BYU has had four with 10 or more points.
BYU shot 47 percent, holding UCSB to 32 percent. The Cougars outrebounded 40-33.
The BYU bench outscored the Gaucho bench 27-12, and BYU scored 30 points in the paint to UCSB’s 18.
Morgan Bailey recorded a career-high 15 points. She also had six rebounds.
Hamson had 16 points to lead all scorers and eight rebounds.
Stephanie Vermunt Seaborn scored in double figures with 10 points.
Kim Parker Beeston was the fourth Cougar to reach double figures in scoring, collecting 10 points during the game.
Haley Steed dished out 11 assists. She also had five points and seven rebounds.
Steven Tew is an SID at BYU Athletic Communications. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating from...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with one-year...
- Is Tyrone Corbin gone? Utah Jazz, coach's...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Jazz might be saying goodbye to their four...
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but plenty of...
- Roster rundown: See the contract status and...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 91
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 59
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 56
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 54
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 54
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters... 24