BYU womens basketball: Morgan Bailey and Jennifer Hamson lead BYU to 67-39 victory over UCSB
The Cougars took their largest lead of the game with 3:21 left in the second half, when they led by 28.
BYU had four players in double figures, the second game in a row BYU has had four with 10 or more points.
BYU shot 47 percent, holding UCSB to 32 percent. The Cougars outrebounded 40-33.
The BYU bench outscored the Gaucho bench 27-12, and BYU scored 30 points in the paint to UCSB’s 18.
Morgan Bailey recorded a career-high 15 points. She also had six rebounds.
Hamson had 16 points to lead all scorers and eight rebounds.
Stephanie Vermunt Seaborn scored in double figures with 10 points.
Kim Parker Beeston was the fourth Cougar to reach double figures in scoring, collecting 10 points during the game.
Haley Steed dished out 11 assists. She also had five points and seven rebounds.
Steven Tew is an SID at BYU Athletic Communications. He can be contacted at email@example.com,
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state tournament...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a mythical...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 76
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 67
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 66
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 64
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 50
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 34
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 29
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 20