BYU womens basketball: Morgan Bailey and Jennifer Hamson lead BYU to 67-39 victory over UCSB
The Cougars took their largest lead of the game with 3:21 left in the second half, when they led by 28.
BYU had four players in double figures, the second game in a row BYU has had four with 10 or more points.
BYU shot 47 percent, holding UCSB to 32 percent. The Cougars outrebounded 40-33.
The BYU bench outscored the Gaucho bench 27-12, and BYU scored 30 points in the paint to UCSB’s 18.
Morgan Bailey recorded a career-high 15 points. She also had six rebounds.
Hamson had 16 points to lead all scorers and eight rebounds.
Stephanie Vermunt Seaborn scored in double figures with 10 points.
Kim Parker Beeston was the fourth Cougar to reach double figures in scoring, collecting 10 points during the game.
Haley Steed dished out 11 assists. She also had five points and seven rebounds.
Steven Tew is an SID at BYU Athletic Communications. He can be contacted at email@example.com,
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34