BYU womens basketball: Morgan Bailey and Jennifer Hamson lead BYU to 67-39 victory over UCSB
The Cougars took their largest lead of the game with 3:21 left in the second half, when they led by 28.
BYU had four players in double figures, the second game in a row BYU has had four with 10 or more points.
BYU shot 47 percent, holding UCSB to 32 percent. The Cougars outrebounded 40-33.
The BYU bench outscored the Gaucho bench 27-12, and BYU scored 30 points in the paint to UCSB’s 18.
Morgan Bailey recorded a career-high 15 points. She also had six rebounds.
Hamson had 16 points to lead all scorers and eight rebounds.
Stephanie Vermunt Seaborn scored in double figures with 10 points.
Kim Parker Beeston was the fourth Cougar to reach double figures in scoring, collecting 10 points during the game.
Haley Steed dished out 11 assists. She also had five points and seven rebounds.
Steven Tew is an SID at BYU Athletic Communications. He can be contacted at email@example.com,
- High school football: Reigning Mr. Football...
- Quinton Pedroza dismissed from Utah Utes...
- Ryan Teeples: BYU sports is for BYUtv, not...
- Brad Rock: If the NFL could add a team in...
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and Cecil O....
- Utah Jazz: Possible Jazz draftee Michael...
- Twitter reaction: U.S. men's soccer team...
- More than just football: Alema Te'o promotes...
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their... 185
- High school football: Reigning Mr.... 73
- Quinton Pedroza dismissed from Utah... 45
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and... 37
- Utes basketball: Utah conducting... 33
- Ryan Teeples: BYU sports is for BYUtv,... 16
- Brad Rock: USU coach Matt Wells has... 11
- University of Utah 'restructures'... 11