Keith Johnson, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — National parks across the country will waive entrance fees on designated days in 2013 to encourage people to spend time in the parks.
Fee-free days for 2013 will be Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Jan. 21; National Park Week, April 22-26; National Park Service Birthday, Aug. 26; National Public Lands Day, Sept. 28; and Veterans Day weekend, Nov. 9-11.
The fee-free designation applies to entrance fees only and does not affect fees for camping, reservations, tours or other special uses. Park entrance stations will have interagency senior and annual passes available for purchase.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13