Keith Johnson, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — National parks across the country will waive entrance fees on designated days in 2013 to encourage people to spend time in the parks.
Fee-free days for 2013 will be Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Jan. 21; National Park Week, April 22-26; National Park Service Birthday, Aug. 26; National Public Lands Day, Sept. 28; and Veterans Day weekend, Nov. 9-11.
The fee-free designation applies to entrance fees only and does not affect fees for camping, reservations, tours or other special uses. Park entrance stations will have interagency senior and annual passes available for purchase.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UTA offers fare for food in Utah Food Bank drive
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 30
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 19
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7