Keith Johnson, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — National parks across the country will waive entrance fees on designated days in 2013 to encourage people to spend time in the parks.
Fee-free days for 2013 will be Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Jan. 21; National Park Week, April 22-26; National Park Service Birthday, Aug. 26; National Public Lands Day, Sept. 28; and Veterans Day weekend, Nov. 9-11.
The fee-free designation applies to entrance fees only and does not affect fees for camping, reservations, tours or other special uses. Park entrance stations will have interagency senior and annual passes available for purchase.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- World War II munitions with mustard agent...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 19
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14