Keith Johnson, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — National parks across the country will waive entrance fees on designated days in 2013 to encourage people to spend time in the parks.
Fee-free days for 2013 will be Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Jan. 21; National Park Week, April 22-26; National Park Service Birthday, Aug. 26; National Public Lands Day, Sept. 28; and Veterans Day weekend, Nov. 9-11.
The fee-free designation applies to entrance fees only and does not affect fees for camping, reservations, tours or other special uses. Park entrance stations will have interagency senior and annual passes available for purchase.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15