Keith Johnson, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — National parks across the country will waive entrance fees on designated days in 2013 to encourage people to spend time in the parks.
Fee-free days for 2013 will be Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Jan. 21; National Park Week, April 22-26; National Park Service Birthday, Aug. 26; National Public Lands Day, Sept. 28; and Veterans Day weekend, Nov. 9-11.
The fee-free designation applies to entrance fees only and does not affect fees for camping, reservations, tours or other special uses. Park entrance stations will have interagency senior and annual passes available for purchase.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12