1 of 2 victims shot in burned Sandy home identified
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — Through forensic testing, investigators Tuesday confirmed the identity of one of two people found shot to death inside a burned out bedroom.
The bodies of Ralph J. Salazar, 59, and a woman were found inside the master bedroom at 2811 E. Ksel Drive (9420 South) about 8:30 a.m. Friday. An autopsy determined both were killed as a result of being shot. Their bodies were found on a bed that was intentionally set on fire, according to investigators.
Because of burns sustained by the victims, detectives were not able to immediately identify them. As of Tuesday, the identity of the woman still had not been confirmed.
Police have not released a possible motive or suspects for the crime. However, Salt Lake County Sheriff's Lt. Justin Hoyal said Tuesday that evidence had been collected that leads detectives to believe it was "probably not a random crime," and investigators were looking at "a lot of possible suspects."
Salazar is the owner of the home that was burned. Records show Salazar also has ties to Bountiful.
Police are asking that anyone with information about the case or anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the area Friday morning call 801-743-5915.
- Lawmakers to rehash Utah's stillbirth law due...
- Video: Utah man uses 'random acts of pasta'...
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law requiring body...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 37
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 34
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 27
- Proposed tax increase a 'bold move' for... 25
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law... 24