FARMINGTON — Southbound I-15 was closed for nearly an hour near Farmington Tuesday morning after a motorist lost control, causing a single-vehicle crash.
The incident occurred just before 8:30 a.m. on I-15 near Lagoon when the 33-year-old driver of a southbound Honda Civic lost control of her vehicle, the Utah Highway Patrol reported. The woman apparently hit a median guardrail, veered right to the U.S. Highway 89 on-ramp and rammed a barrier.
The woman suffered serious injuries, but they are not considered life-threatening. She was flown by medical helicopter to an Ogden hospital while southbound traffic was diverted onto Legacy Parkway.
The closure lasted approximately 45 minutes, according to the UHP.
There were no other vehicles involved in the crash. The roads were dry at the time of the incident, the UHP reported.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9