FARMINGTON — Southbound I-15 was closed for nearly an hour near Farmington Tuesday morning after a motorist lost control, causing a single-vehicle crash.
The incident occurred just before 8:30 a.m. on I-15 near Lagoon when the 33-year-old driver of a southbound Honda Civic lost control of her vehicle, the Utah Highway Patrol reported. The woman apparently hit a median guardrail, veered right to the U.S. Highway 89 on-ramp and rammed a barrier.
The woman suffered serious injuries, but they are not considered life-threatening. She was flown by medical helicopter to an Ogden hospital while southbound traffic was diverted onto Legacy Parkway.
The closure lasted approximately 45 minutes, according to the UHP.
There were no other vehicles involved in the crash. The roads were dry at the time of the incident, the UHP reported.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15