FARMINGTON — Southbound I-15 was closed for nearly an hour near Farmington Tuesday morning after a motorist lost control, causing a single-vehicle crash.
The incident occurred just before 8:30 a.m. on I-15 near Lagoon when the 33-year-old driver of a southbound Honda Civic lost control of her vehicle, the Utah Highway Patrol reported. The woman apparently hit a median guardrail, veered right to the U.S. Highway 89 on-ramp and rammed a barrier.
The woman suffered serious injuries, but they are not considered life-threatening. She was flown by medical helicopter to an Ogden hospital while southbound traffic was diverted onto Legacy Parkway.
The closure lasted approximately 45 minutes, according to the UHP.
There were no other vehicles involved in the crash. The roads were dry at the time of the incident, the UHP reported.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14