FARMINGTON — Southbound I-15 was closed for nearly an hour near Farmington Tuesday morning after a motorist lost control, causing a single-vehicle crash.
The incident occurred just before 8:30 a.m. on I-15 near Lagoon when the 33-year-old driver of a southbound Honda Civic lost control of her vehicle, the Utah Highway Patrol reported. The woman apparently hit a median guardrail, veered right to the U.S. Highway 89 on-ramp and rammed a barrier.
The woman suffered serious injuries, but they are not considered life-threatening. She was flown by medical helicopter to an Ogden hospital while southbound traffic was diverted onto Legacy Parkway.
The closure lasted approximately 45 minutes, according to the UHP.
There were no other vehicles involved in the crash. The roads were dry at the time of the incident, the UHP reported.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 13
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9