FARMINGTON — Southbound I-15 was closed for nearly an hour near Farmington Tuesday morning after a motorist lost control, causing a single-vehicle crash.
The incident occurred just before 8:30 a.m. on I-15 near Lagoon when the 33-year-old driver of a southbound Honda Civic lost control of her vehicle, the Utah Highway Patrol reported. The woman apparently hit a median guardrail, veered right to the U.S. Highway 89 on-ramp and rammed a barrier.
The woman suffered serious injuries, but they are not considered life-threatening. She was flown by medical helicopter to an Ogden hospital while southbound traffic was diverted onto Legacy Parkway.
The closure lasted approximately 45 minutes, according to the UHP.
There were no other vehicles involved in the crash. The roads were dry at the time of the incident, the UHP reported.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Deseret News Classic: Marathon, half...
- Levan wildfire burns 'well over 1,000' acres...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 12