USU basketball: Aggie women's basketball hosts UC Irvine on Tuesday
Utah State women's basketball will begin its longest homestand of the season against UC Irvine on Tuesday, Dec. 18, at 7 p.m. at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum. Both the Aggies and the Anteaters are 2-7 this season.
The game will be tape delayed on 1390 KLGN AM, due to Skyview basketball. The game will be replayed at approximately 8:30 p.m. Fans can also follow along live with GameTracker on the USU website.
Utah State looks to break a four-game losing streak with in-state losses to Utah and BYU, along with a home loss to Montana State and a defeat at the hands of No. 5 Notre Dame.
This is the 10th meeting between Utah State and UC Irvine with the Anteaters holding a 6-3 record against the Aggies. The first time the teams met was in 1982, and the most recent was last season. In last year’s game, Utah State captured a 69-64 road win against UCI. Senior Ashlee Brown led USU with 21 points in the win. Jazmyne White scored 20 points for the Anteaters in the loss, while Jasmine Bernard added 13 points.
The 2-7 Anteaters have lost two-straight games, including a 73-55 loss to the Aggies’ Western Athletic Conference foe Idaho, as well as to Cal State Bakersfield. UC Irvine’s two wins this season came against Drake and WAC newcomer, Seattle, in overtime. UCI is 1-3 on the road and 0-4 at home this season with 1-0 record in netural games.
Jennifer Tsurumoto is the Anteaters leading scorer, averaging 11.6 points and 3.3 rebounds per game. She is the only UCI player to average in double figures. Camille Buckley is second in scoring (9.9 ppg) and is the Anteaters’ top rebounder with 6.7 rebounds per game. As a team, UC Irvine allows 65.7 ppg, while scoring 55.7 ppg.
Three different Aggies have started all nine games this season, including senior guards Devyn Christensen and Jenna Johnson, and sophomore forward Franny Vaaulu. Five other Aggies have started at least one game this year. Freshman Makenlee Williams has started seven games this season, including the last six games. Freshman guard Stephanie Bairstow, sophomore guard Elise Nelson and junior guard Jennifer Schlott have all started three games apiece with senior guard Cristal Turner starting two. All 11 active players on the Aggies' roster have played at least three games this year.
Live stats will be available for most Utah State women’s basketball games through the women’s basketball page by clicking on GameTracker in the current events box. All home games can be viewed by clicking on “Watch Live," while they can be heard by clicking on “Listen Live.”
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Friday fracas: Trevor Booker nearly hit, gets...
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most worthy of...
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19 in AP,...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA:...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 65
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 43
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 29
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense could use... 24
- Friday morning QB: Three stars and five... 23