Wright Words: Son admits after 25 years: 'I have not mourned my father very well'
Perhaps like me, in moments of weakness with your faith running deficits, you have wondered privately and publicly why you couldn't have been granted more time with the greatest influences of your life.
You lost your spouse. Your child is gone. Your mother or father has slipped away.
But isn't the single greatest influence who ever lived on earth just as close as before our loved ones were called home? Certainly those we grieve were forces for good in the world, and we miss them touching our lives each day. But the perfect force, the holy one who actually defines the word "good," is still at our sides to mentor, love and guide us home to heaven for the reunions we long for.
Yes, it’s been 25 years since I was seconds too late to watch my father take the long step from this life to the next. But as the minutes of this milestone march by, I know that if my father were alive today, he would want me rooted not in his life, but in the soil of the Savior.
No, I didn't get to say goodbye to my dad. But I sure can't wait to say hello.
Jason F. Wright is a New York Times best-selling author of 10 books, including "Christmas Jars," "The Wednesday Letters" and "The 13th Day of Christmas." He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or jasonfwright.com.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- LDS Church History Symposium presenter...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 56
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14