SALT LAKE CITY — A robbery turned into a bomb scare at a Salt Lake City bank Monday.
About 11:30 a.m., two men wearing masks entered Zions Bank at 1420 S. 300 West and demanded money, said Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson. One of the men had a gun.
After the men left, bank employees noticed a package that could not be accounted for, Josephson said. The building was evacuated, and the bomb squad was called.
The package was rendered safe by the bomb squad and determined not to be an explosive device, Josephson said.
The alleged robbers were wearing hooded sweatshirts, one dark and the other light. They were seen leaving in a green compact vehicle.
Police ask anyone with information about the robbery to call 801-799-6397.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 95
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 92
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19