WSU basketball: Weber State's Davion Berry named Big Sky Player of the Week
Weber State junior Davion Berry has been selected as the Big Sky Conference men’s basketball Player of the Week, the league announced Monday.
Berry, a forward from Oakland, Calif., earned the honor for the first time in his career after scoring a career-high 25 points in WSU’s 78-68 loss to BYU on Saturday. He finished the game 10-of-14 from the field. He also pulled down two rebounds and had two assists and two steals. He scored 16 of his points in the second half, including 12 points in the first five minutes of the half to help cut the BYU lead to two points.
On the season, Berry leads the Wildcats and ranks seventh in the Big Sky in scoring at 14.3 points per game. He is shooting 47 percent from the field and averaging 3.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game. He has scored in double figures in four of seven games for the Wildcats this season.
Weber State opens Big Sky Conference play this week playing at Eastern Washington on Thursday and at Portland State on Saturday.
Paul Grua is the Director of Athletic Communications at Weber State University.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35