WSU basketball: Weber State's Davion Berry named Big Sky Player of the Week
Weber State junior Davion Berry has been selected as the Big Sky Conference men’s basketball Player of the Week, the league announced Monday.
Berry, a forward from Oakland, Calif., earned the honor for the first time in his career after scoring a career-high 25 points in WSU’s 78-68 loss to BYU on Saturday. He finished the game 10-of-14 from the field. He also pulled down two rebounds and had two assists and two steals. He scored 16 of his points in the second half, including 12 points in the first five minutes of the half to help cut the BYU lead to two points.
On the season, Berry leads the Wildcats and ranks seventh in the Big Sky in scoring at 14.3 points per game. He is shooting 47 percent from the field and averaging 3.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game. He has scored in double figures in four of seven games for the Wildcats this season.
Weber State opens Big Sky Conference play this week playing at Eastern Washington on Thursday and at Portland State on Saturday.
Paul Grua is the Director of Athletic Communications at Weber State University.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28