WSU basketball: Weber State's Davion Berry named Big Sky Player of the Week
Weber State junior Davion Berry has been selected as the Big Sky Conference men’s basketball Player of the Week, the league announced Monday.
Berry, a forward from Oakland, Calif., earned the honor for the first time in his career after scoring a career-high 25 points in WSU’s 78-68 loss to BYU on Saturday. He finished the game 10-of-14 from the field. He also pulled down two rebounds and had two assists and two steals. He scored 16 of his points in the second half, including 12 points in the first five minutes of the half to help cut the BYU lead to two points.
On the season, Berry leads the Wildcats and ranks seventh in the Big Sky in scoring at 14.3 points per game. He is shooting 47 percent from the field and averaging 3.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game. He has scored in double figures in four of seven games for the Wildcats this season.
Weber State opens Big Sky Conference play this week playing at Eastern Washington on Thursday and at Portland State on Saturday.
Paul Grua is the Director of Athletic Communications at Weber State University.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19