Double homicide: Victims in Sandy house fire were shot, police say
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — Investigators say two people found dead in a burned bedroom Friday were shot and detectives are now treating the case as a double homicide.
The bodies of a man and a woman were found inside a bedroom at 2811 E. Ksel Drive (9420 South) about 8:30 a.m. Friday. The names of the badly burned victims have not yet been released. Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said detectives were waiting for additional tests to confirm the identities.
Police, however, confirmed that the two people who lived at the house have not been accounted for as of Monday. Neighbors identified the homeowner as Ralph Salazar.
The two bodies were found on a bed in the master bedroom. An autopsy concluded each victim died as a result of being shot. Arson investigators believe the the subsequent house fire was started in the bedroom, Hoyal said.
The fire was knocked down by firefighters about 10 minutes after it was reported. The majority of blaze was contained to the bedroom where it started.
There were no signs of forced entry into the home, Hoyal said.
Police were still investigating possible suspects and motives Monday. Anyone with information about the case or who may have seen anything suspicious in the area that morning is asked to call police at 801-743-5915.
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Alleged sexual abuser on the run for 17 years...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- No vacancy: SUU scrambling to house largest...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 303
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 46
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 46
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36