In the teen-heartthrob world, saving money on gas is the cool thing to do, and everyday people can be part of the trend too, according to GoBankingRates.com.
Justin Bieber, Taylor Lautner and Joe Jonas each drive a Fisker Karma, a hybrid sports car with all-electric 32 miles per gallon and then 20 miles per gallon when the battery is depleted.
Unfortunately, the Fisker Karma is $102,000 for a base model.
For those without a celebrity income who still want to save money, a hybrid such as a Toyota Prius or Chevrolet Volt is more affordable, even though each has less horsepower.
Gas mileage can be increased from avoiding tailgating as well, in addition to other strategies. For more ideas on saving money on gas, see these seven tips.
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs
- 1 number you should check each year to avoid...
- The best states in America for balancing work...
- Here's a look at the 20 worst jobs of 2015...
- Is rent out of reach? Study shows how 11 US...
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget together
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- Hero2Hire helps veterans, spouses find...
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- Exxon shareholders to vote on climate... 6
- Is rent out of reach? Study shows how... 1
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs 1
- Balancing act: Does parenting bring... 1
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget... 1
- Americans are very unsure about their... 1
- 1 number you should check each year to... 1