In the teen-heartthrob world, saving money on gas is the cool thing to do, and everyday people can be part of the trend too, according to GoBankingRates.com.
Justin Bieber, Taylor Lautner and Joe Jonas each drive a Fisker Karma, a hybrid sports car with all-electric 32 miles per gallon and then 20 miles per gallon when the battery is depleted.
Unfortunately, the Fisker Karma is $102,000 for a base model.
For those without a celebrity income who still want to save money, a hybrid such as a Toyota Prius or Chevrolet Volt is more affordable, even though each has less horsepower.
Gas mileage can be increased from avoiding tailgating as well, in addition to other strategies. For more ideas on saving money on gas, see these seven tips.
- Technical timing: How to know when to upgrade...
- McCostly: Where to get the cheapest Quarter...
- Mistake or Miracle: New evidence on the...
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- Want more success in the workplace? Make...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Dave Ramsey says: In unique circumstances,...
- US unemployment aid applications fall... 7
- Birth control coverage up for federal... 6
- AIG CEO tells college graduates facing... 5
- Star Trek money tips to live long and... 4
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the... 4
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash 2
- Dave Ramsey says: In unique... 1
- US rate on 30-year mortgages rises to... 1