In the teen-heartthrob world, saving money on gas is the cool thing to do, and everyday people can be part of the trend too, according to GoBankingRates.com.
Justin Bieber, Taylor Lautner and Joe Jonas each drive a Fisker Karma, a hybrid sports car with all-electric 32 miles per gallon and then 20 miles per gallon when the battery is depleted.
Unfortunately, the Fisker Karma is $102,000 for a base model.
For those without a celebrity income who still want to save money, a hybrid such as a Toyota Prius or Chevrolet Volt is more affordable, even though each has less horsepower.
Gas mileage can be increased from avoiding tailgating as well, in addition to other strategies. For more ideas on saving money on gas, see these seven tips.
- The most popular jobs in America
- 9 things to never buy at yard sales
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem could mean...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we thought
- How to rear money-smart kids
- Balancing act: French ban on after-hours...
- Retirement assets are making a comeback
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 31
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we... 27
- Balancing act: French ban on... 10
- U.S. 'tax freedom day' is 3 days later... 4
- College football, basketball athletes... 3
- What increasing rent costs mean for the... 3
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 3