In the teen-heartthrob world, saving money on gas is the cool thing to do, and everyday people can be part of the trend too, according to GoBankingRates.com.
Justin Bieber, Taylor Lautner and Joe Jonas each drive a Fisker Karma, a hybrid sports car with all-electric 32 miles per gallon and then 20 miles per gallon when the battery is depleted.
Unfortunately, the Fisker Karma is $102,000 for a base model.
For those without a celebrity income who still want to save money, a hybrid such as a Toyota Prius or Chevrolet Volt is more affordable, even though each has less horsepower.
Gas mileage can be increased from avoiding tailgating as well, in addition to other strategies. For more ideas on saving money on gas, see these seven tips.
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Utah job forecast better than most states
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- A Closer Look: Your (online) life after death
- The market power of pumpkin spice
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Balancing act: Sometimes a 'serious' office...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Utah job forecast better than most states 2
- 5 countries where attitudes about the... 2
- Retail sales are up since last month 1
- The best (and worst) states when it... 1