In the teen-heartthrob world, saving money on gas is the cool thing to do, and everyday people can be part of the trend too, according to GoBankingRates.com.
Justin Bieber, Taylor Lautner and Joe Jonas each drive a Fisker Karma, a hybrid sports car with all-electric 32 miles per gallon and then 20 miles per gallon when the battery is depleted.
Unfortunately, the Fisker Karma is $102,000 for a base model.
For those without a celebrity income who still want to save money, a hybrid such as a Toyota Prius or Chevrolet Volt is more affordable, even though each has less horsepower.
Gas mileage can be increased from avoiding tailgating as well, in addition to other strategies. For more ideas on saving money on gas, see these seven tips.
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- 11 family friendly cars
- 10 things that are wicked attractive about...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Balancing act: Survey: Office etiquette has...
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- All aboard: How to win the budget battle with...
- How to eat on just $4 a day 16
- 10 things to know about corporate... 15
- California push to avert higher gas... 10
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 10
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 7
- All aboard: How to win the budget... 3
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely... 3