In the teen-heartthrob world, saving money on gas is the cool thing to do, and everyday people can be part of the trend too, according to GoBankingRates.com.
Justin Bieber, Taylor Lautner and Joe Jonas each drive a Fisker Karma, a hybrid sports car with all-electric 32 miles per gallon and then 20 miles per gallon when the battery is depleted.
Unfortunately, the Fisker Karma is $102,000 for a base model.
For those without a celebrity income who still want to save money, a hybrid such as a Toyota Prius or Chevrolet Volt is more affordable, even though each has less horsepower.
Gas mileage can be increased from avoiding tailgating as well, in addition to other strategies. For more ideas on saving money on gas, see these seven tips.
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy:...
- 7 things you can afford that you take for...
- Dave Ramsey says: Pets and rental properties...
- Balancing act: How does your boss feel about...
- Laundry Love: Groups across the nation are...
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- Some fear auto industry returning to bad habits
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 12
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Down payment for love: The costs and... 4
- Some fear auto industry returning to... 3
- 7 things you can afford that you take... 3
- US consumer spending dips 0.1 percent 2