In the teen-heartthrob world, saving money on gas is the cool thing to do, and everyday people can be part of the trend too, according to GoBankingRates.com.
Justin Bieber, Taylor Lautner and Joe Jonas each drive a Fisker Karma, a hybrid sports car with all-electric 32 miles per gallon and then 20 miles per gallon when the battery is depleted.
Unfortunately, the Fisker Karma is $102,000 for a base model.
For those without a celebrity income who still want to save money, a hybrid such as a Toyota Prius or Chevrolet Volt is more affordable, even though each has less horsepower.
Gas mileage can be increased from avoiding tailgating as well, in addition to other strategies. For more ideas on saving money on gas, see these seven tips.
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- McCostly: Where to get the cheapest Quarter...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Want more success in the workplace? Make...
- The Mortgage Professor: Escrow can raise...
- US rate on 30-year mortgages rises to 3.59 pct.
- Making your budget work for 2
- Star Trek money tips to live long and prosper
- US unemployment aid applications fall... 6
- AIG CEO tells college graduates facing... 5
- Star Trek money tips to live long and... 4
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the... 4
- Is another housing bubble looming on... 3
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash 2
- Dave Ramsey says: In unique... 1
- Americans spent $61.4 billion on pets... 1