Enoch police shoot man in knee following domestic disturbance
ENOCH, Iron County — Officers responding to a domestic disturbance shot a man in the knee Sunday when they said he advanced on the officers while carrying a knife.
Officers were sent the to 5100 block of North Enoch Road just after 7:30 p.m. on reports that a 19-year-old man was fighting with his mother and was in possession of a weapon, according to a press release.
Upon arrival, officers found the man with two knives. He was resistant and officers used non-deadly force, but he continued to move toward officers, at which time one shot was fired, striking the man in the knee, police said.
The man underwent medical treatment. Cedar City police will assist the Enoch Police Department in investigating the incident.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15