Enoch police shoot man in knee following domestic disturbance
ENOCH, Iron County — Officers responding to a domestic disturbance shot a man in the knee Sunday when they said he advanced on the officers while carrying a knife.
Officers were sent the to 5100 block of North Enoch Road just after 7:30 p.m. on reports that a 19-year-old man was fighting with his mother and was in possession of a weapon, according to a press release.
Upon arrival, officers found the man with two knives. He was resistant and officers used non-deadly force, but he continued to move toward officers, at which time one shot was fired, striking the man in the knee, police said.
The man underwent medical treatment. Cedar City police will assist the Enoch Police Department in investigating the incident.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 35
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17