Enoch police shoot man in knee following domestic disturbance
ENOCH, Iron County — Officers responding to a domestic disturbance shot a man in the knee Sunday when they said he advanced on the officers while carrying a knife.
Officers were sent the to 5100 block of North Enoch Road just after 7:30 p.m. on reports that a 19-year-old man was fighting with his mother and was in possession of a weapon, according to a press release.
Upon arrival, officers found the man with two knives. He was resistant and officers used non-deadly force, but he continued to move toward officers, at which time one shot was fired, striking the man in the knee, police said.
The man underwent medical treatment. Cedar City police will assist the Enoch Police Department in investigating the incident.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Mom whose unbuckled child died was cited for...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 83
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15