Enoch police shoot man in knee following domestic disturbance
ENOCH, Iron County — Officers responding to a domestic disturbance shot a man in the knee Sunday when they said he advanced on the officers while carrying a knife.
Officers were sent the to 5100 block of North Enoch Road just after 7:30 p.m. on reports that a 19-year-old man was fighting with his mother and was in possession of a weapon, according to a press release.
Upon arrival, officers found the man with two knives. He was resistant and officers used non-deadly force, but he continued to move toward officers, at which time one shot was fired, striking the man in the knee, police said.
The man underwent medical treatment. Cedar City police will assist the Enoch Police Department in investigating the incident.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10