Enoch police shoot man in knee following domestic disturbance
ENOCH, Iron County — Officers responding to a domestic disturbance shot a man in the knee Sunday when they said he advanced on the officers while carrying a knife.
Officers were sent the to 5100 block of North Enoch Road just after 7:30 p.m. on reports that a 19-year-old man was fighting with his mother and was in possession of a weapon, according to a press release.
Upon arrival, officers found the man with two knives. He was resistant and officers used non-deadly force, but he continued to move toward officers, at which time one shot was fired, striking the man in the knee, police said.
The man underwent medical treatment. Cedar City police will assist the Enoch Police Department in investigating the incident.
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Expunging criminal records expected to help...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 50
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 38
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 17
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- Obama to unveil Clean Power Plan; plan... 10