TOOELE — A Tooele man was killed Sunday night when he was hit by a car while riding his bicycle.
Diego Garcia, 20, was riding his bicycle near the intersection of Pinehurst Avenue and Vine Street when a 70-year-old woman driving a Honda Civic turned onto Vine Street and collided with him about 7:15 p.m., said Tooele Police Lt. Adrian Day. There was no crosswalk at the intersection.
The man was transported to a local hospital by ambulance but died en route.
Garcia was originally from Guatemala but was most recently living in Tooele, according to police. Investigators did not anticipate any charges would be filed against the driver.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 33
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8