TOOELE — A Tooele man was killed Sunday night when he was hit by a car while riding his bicycle.
Diego Garcia, 20, was riding his bicycle near the intersection of Pinehurst Avenue and Vine Street when a 70-year-old woman driving a Honda Civic turned onto Vine Street and collided with him about 7:15 p.m., said Tooele Police Lt. Adrian Day. There was no crosswalk at the intersection.
The man was transported to a local hospital by ambulance but died en route.
Garcia was originally from Guatemala but was most recently living in Tooele, according to police. Investigators did not anticipate any charges would be filed against the driver.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Study: Fathers as likely as mothers to kill...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 97
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Southern Utah left wanting for water 11