TOOELE — A Tooele man was killed Sunday night when he was hit by a car while riding his bicycle.
Diego Garcia, 20, was riding his bicycle near the intersection of Pinehurst Avenue and Vine Street when a 70-year-old woman driving a Honda Civic turned onto Vine Street and collided with him about 7:15 p.m., said Tooele Police Lt. Adrian Day. There was no crosswalk at the intersection.
The man was transported to a local hospital by ambulance but died en route.
Garcia was originally from Guatemala but was most recently living in Tooele, according to police. Investigators did not anticipate any charges would be filed against the driver.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 29
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11