TOOELE — A Tooele man was killed Sunday night when he was hit by a car while riding his bicycle.
Diego Garcia, 20, was riding his bicycle near the intersection of Pinehurst Avenue and Vine Street when a 70-year-old woman driving a Honda Civic turned onto Vine Street and collided with him about 7:15 p.m., said Tooele Police Lt. Adrian Day. There was no crosswalk at the intersection.
The man was transported to a local hospital by ambulance but died en route.
Garcia was originally from Guatemala but was most recently living in Tooele, according to police. Investigators did not anticipate any charges would be filed against the driver.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 106
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 28
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 21
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20