TOOELE — A Tooele man was killed Sunday night when he was hit by a car while riding his bicycle.
Diego Garcia, 20, was riding his bicycle near the intersection of Pinehurst Avenue and Vine Street when a 70-year-old woman driving a Honda Civic turned onto Vine Street and collided with him about 7:15 p.m., said Tooele Police Lt. Adrian Day. There was no crosswalk at the intersection.
The man was transported to a local hospital by ambulance but died en route.
Garcia was originally from Guatemala but was most recently living in Tooele, according to police. Investigators did not anticipate any charges would be filed against the driver.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Unwarranted drug database search prompts new...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14