Mourning together: The blogs have mirrored the world in both depicting sorrow and sending comfort to those affected by the shootings in Connecticut. I found this gorgeous (and Christmas-themed) “Music of Mourning” on By Common Consent a fitting background while I read this “Prayer of Sorrow and Hope,” on Times and Seasons, which states:
“O God, let us find some comfort, some peace, in doing Thy work, in mourning with those who mourn, and comforting those who stand in need of comfort.”
Temple photos: Not only are these some gorgeous photos, but these senior missionaries had to climb up a “well settled landfill” to take them. That’s dedication! See “A Different View of the Temple” in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Amazing!
Christmas symbols: This family home evening combines the game of Pictionary with learning the meaning behind “Christmas symbols” with some scripture helps to boot. For instance “Presents/Gifts...symbolizes the gifts the wise men brought Jesus, and also the greatest gift of all, God's gift of his Son.” I tried it and found it to be both fun and meaningful!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 42
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 14
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- New Harmony: Ogling the penmanship of... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4