Mourning together: The blogs have mirrored the world in both depicting sorrow and sending comfort to those affected by the shootings in Connecticut. I found this gorgeous (and Christmas-themed) “Music of Mourning” on By Common Consent a fitting background while I read this “Prayer of Sorrow and Hope,” on Times and Seasons, which states:
“O God, let us find some comfort, some peace, in doing Thy work, in mourning with those who mourn, and comforting those who stand in need of comfort.”
Temple photos: Not only are these some gorgeous photos, but these senior missionaries had to climb up a “well settled landfill” to take them. That’s dedication! See “A Different View of the Temple” in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Amazing!
Christmas symbols: This family home evening combines the game of Pictionary with learning the meaning behind “Christmas symbols” with some scripture helps to boot. For instance “Presents/Gifts...symbolizes the gifts the wise men brought Jesus, and also the greatest gift of all, God's gift of his Son.” I tried it and found it to be both fun and meaningful!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 49
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2