Utah Jazz basketball: Beautiful non-hoops moments were on display during an ugly loss to Memphis
"We rushed some shots," said Corbin, whose team had a 54-44 halftime lead. "I thought they had us out on the floor too much. We didn't attack the basket. We didn't have the same energy we had in the first half."
As such, what was once a 12-point first-half lead for the Jazz eventually became a 16-point deficit against one of the best teams in the NBA.
"When you struggle against a really good team," Millsap said, "you're going to pay for it."
The end result was Utah's second loss in as many nights and by a near-identical score after losing 99-84 at Phoenix. This sudden losing skid comes on the heels of a season-best four-game winning streak.
Not exactly how the Jazz envisioned going out on their holiday tour.
Millsap, just one of four Jazz players in double figures with 12 points, admitted this loss was one that hurt.
"Yeah, it does a little bit. We're not sound," Millsap said. "We're going to go on the road and try to get all these wins and that just means we got to make up down the road somewhere.
"We're not going to look at it as a setback. It's a loss," he added. "It's one we wish we could have back, but now we've got to move on."
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Utah Jazz: Team is a long shot to win NBA's...
- Deseret News to live stream Utah high school...
- High school baseball: Logan's Chase Nelson...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state tournament...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian players...
- Utah State football: New coach Matt Wells...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 122
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 52
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 39
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 22
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 18
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 12
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11