Utah Jazz fall at home to the Memphis Grizzlies, 99-86
The Utah Jazz suffered the second home loss of the season Saturday night, losing to the Memphis Grizzlies, 99-86.
Utah led by 10 at the half, but the Grizzlies outscored the Jazz by 18 points in the third quarter and took an eight-point lead into the fourth. The Grizzlies never looked back. The Jazz are now 2-8 when trailing heading into the fourth quarter.
Memphis had no players in double-figures at the half. By the end of the game, they had four. Zach Randolph scored 25 points, Marc Gasol had 16 points, Rudy Gay scored 14 and Mike Conley had 12 points.
The Jazz struggled mightily on offense in the second half. Utah turned the ball over 15 times to Memphis's 12 turnovers. The Jazz were shooting more than 50 percent at the half, but the offense ended up shooting 41.9 percent for the game. Additionally, the Jazz were outscored 50-38 in the paint.
Utah was led in scoring by Al Jefferson, who scored 21 and snagged eight rebounds for the game. Jefferson, however, only managed seven second-half points. Paul Millsap scored 11, and Enes Kanter, who scored 10 in the first half, was held scoreless in the second.
Utah's bench was one of the few brights spots for the Jazz; it outscored Memphis's bench 38-25. Beside's Kanter's 10, Gordon Hayward scored 11 points on 3-for-8 shooting.
This loss is the second in two days for the Jazz. Previous to this losing streak, the Jazz had two of their best games in the year in a road win over the Lakers and a home win vs. the San Antonio Spurs.
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for BYU; 10...
- It was historic weekend for BYU basketball...
- Morning links: Jazz's sudden rise; SI breaks...
- 1A boys basketball tournament: Live streams...
- Monarchs announce new stadium proposal in...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 73
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 42
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 41
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40