Utah Jazz leading Memphis Grizzlies at halftime, 54-44
One night after one of the most difficult losses of the season, the Jazz lead the Memphis Grizzlies at the half, 54-44.
Utah is led in scoring by Al Jefferson, who scored 14 and snagged four rebounds over the first 24 minutes of the contest. Enes Kanter is also having a strong game off the bench. He has scored 10 points and snagged a rebound.
The Grizzlies stayed level through the first quarter, but the Jazz were able to use a pair of 10-2 runs in the second to create some separation.
Utah's bench outscored Memphis's bench 26-17 in the first quarter. Besides Kanter's strong performance, Jazz forward and designated sixth-man Gordon Hayward has nine points.
No one playing for Memphis has scored more than 10 points thus far. The Grizzlies are led by Zach Randolph with nine points. Mike Conley and Marreese Speights have eight apiece.
Landon Hemsley is sports content manager for DeseretNews.com.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27