Utah Jazz leading Memphis Grizzlies at halftime, 54-44
One night after one of the most difficult losses of the season, the Jazz lead the Memphis Grizzlies at the half, 54-44.
Utah is led in scoring by Al Jefferson, who scored 14 and snagged four rebounds over the first 24 minutes of the contest. Enes Kanter is also having a strong game off the bench. He has scored 10 points and snagged a rebound.
The Grizzlies stayed level through the first quarter, but the Jazz were able to use a pair of 10-2 runs in the second to create some separation.
Utah's bench outscored Memphis's bench 26-17 in the first quarter. Besides Kanter's strong performance, Jazz forward and designated sixth-man Gordon Hayward has nine points.
No one playing for Memphis has scored more than 10 points thus far. The Grizzlies are led by Zach Randolph with nine points. Mike Conley and Marreese Speights have eight apiece.
Landon Hemsley is sports content manager for DeseretNews.com.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20