Utah Jazz leading Memphis Grizzlies at halftime, 54-44
One night after one of the most difficult losses of the season, the Jazz lead the Memphis Grizzlies at the half, 54-44.
Utah is led in scoring by Al Jefferson, who scored 14 and snagged four rebounds over the first 24 minutes of the contest. Enes Kanter is also having a strong game off the bench. He has scored 10 points and snagged a rebound.
The Grizzlies stayed level through the first quarter, but the Jazz were able to use a pair of 10-2 runs in the second to create some separation.
Utah's bench outscored Memphis's bench 26-17 in the first quarter. Besides Kanter's strong performance, Jazz forward and designated sixth-man Gordon Hayward has nine points.
No one playing for Memphis has scored more than 10 points thus far. The Grizzlies are led by Zach Randolph with nine points. Mike Conley and Marreese Speights have eight apiece.
Landon Hemsley is sports content manager for DeseretNews.com.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23