Utah Jazz leading Memphis Grizzlies at halftime, 54-44
One night after one of the most difficult losses of the season, the Jazz lead the Memphis Grizzlies at the half, 54-44.
Utah is led in scoring by Al Jefferson, who scored 14 and snagged four rebounds over the first 24 minutes of the contest. Enes Kanter is also having a strong game off the bench. He has scored 10 points and snagged a rebound.
The Grizzlies stayed level through the first quarter, but the Jazz were able to use a pair of 10-2 runs in the second to create some separation.
Utah's bench outscored Memphis's bench 26-17 in the first quarter. Besides Kanter's strong performance, Jazz forward and designated sixth-man Gordon Hayward has nine points.
No one playing for Memphis has scored more than 10 points thus far. The Grizzlies are led by Zach Randolph with nine points. Mike Conley and Marreese Speights have eight apiece.
Landon Hemsley is sports content manager for DeseretNews.com.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 83
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 27
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 20