Utah Jazz leading Memphis Grizzlies at halftime, 54-44
One night after one of the most difficult losses of the season, the Jazz lead the Memphis Grizzlies at the half, 54-44.
Utah is led in scoring by Al Jefferson, who scored 14 and snagged four rebounds over the first 24 minutes of the contest. Enes Kanter is also having a strong game off the bench. He has scored 10 points and snagged a rebound.
The Grizzlies stayed level through the first quarter, but the Jazz were able to use a pair of 10-2 runs in the second to create some separation.
Utah's bench outscored Memphis's bench 26-17 in the first quarter. Besides Kanter's strong performance, Jazz forward and designated sixth-man Gordon Hayward has nine points.
No one playing for Memphis has scored more than 10 points thus far. The Grizzlies are led by Zach Randolph with nine points. Mike Conley and Marreese Speights have eight apiece.
Landon Hemsley is sports content manager for DeseretNews.com.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19