Tom Smart, Deseret News
The twittersphere was very active Saturday afternoon when the Utah State Aggies got the second bowl win in the history of its program.
Besides the game, twitter topics ranged from a robust discussion of Boise State's blue turf and Eastern Washington's red turf to outpourings of congratulations to Utah State running back Kerwynn Williams.
Fans had plenty of reasons to be pleased. The Aggies only trailed the Toledo Rockets for a short time in the first quarter and totally ran away with the game in the fourth behind four rushing touchdowns, three by Williams and one by Joe Hill.
Williams was named the game's MVP. He finished with 229 yards rushing and 34 yards receiving. He averaged 12.7 yards a carry over the course of the game, and his scores sealed the victory for the Aggies.
Utah State wraps up its season with an 11-2 record, the best in the history of the program. It also had its first undefeated conference season, and won its first outright conference championship since 1936.
Here is a collection of the most notable, quotable and insightful tweets that were published before, during and after the game.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20