Tom Smart, Deseret News
The twittersphere was very active Saturday afternoon when the Utah State Aggies got the second bowl win in the history of its program.
Besides the game, twitter topics ranged from a robust discussion of Boise State's blue turf and Eastern Washington's red turf to outpourings of congratulations to Utah State running back Kerwynn Williams.
Fans had plenty of reasons to be pleased. The Aggies only trailed the Toledo Rockets for a short time in the first quarter and totally ran away with the game in the fourth behind four rushing touchdowns, three by Williams and one by Joe Hill.
Williams was named the game's MVP. He finished with 229 yards rushing and 34 yards receiving. He averaged 12.7 yards a carry over the course of the game, and his scores sealed the victory for the Aggies.
Utah State wraps up its season with an 11-2 record, the best in the history of the program. It also had its first undefeated conference season, and won its first outright conference championship since 1936.
Here is a collection of the most notable, quotable and insightful tweets that were published before, during and after the game.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34