Tom Smart, Deseret News
The twittersphere was very active Saturday afternoon when the Utah State Aggies got the second bowl win in the history of its program.
Besides the game, twitter topics ranged from a robust discussion of Boise State's blue turf and Eastern Washington's red turf to outpourings of congratulations to Utah State running back Kerwynn Williams.
Fans had plenty of reasons to be pleased. The Aggies only trailed the Toledo Rockets for a short time in the first quarter and totally ran away with the game in the fourth behind four rushing touchdowns, three by Williams and one by Joe Hill.
Williams was named the game's MVP. He finished with 229 yards rushing and 34 yards receiving. He averaged 12.7 yards a carry over the course of the game, and his scores sealed the victory for the Aggies.
Utah State wraps up its season with an 11-2 record, the best in the history of the program. It also had its first undefeated conference season, and won its first outright conference championship since 1936.
Here is a collection of the most notable, quotable and insightful tweets that were published before, during and after the game.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 83
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24