BOISE, Idaho — The BYU women's swimming and diving teams fell to Boise State 191-102 on Saturday afternoon at the Boise-West Family YMCA despite Kimberly Welch Doroghian winning the 100 fly.
“We swam well and improve from the last meet,” head coach John Brooks said. “Boise State is a great program and it was a great test for us. Kim and Zerlynn swam well for us today and we were a little undermanned because of some of our swimmers being sick but we will keep improving for the second half of our season."
Doroghian won the race with a time of 56.26. Zerlynn Tiang finished third with a time of 57.25.
Campbell finished second in the 100 back with a time of 56.27. Her time is the second fastest time at the Boise-West Family YMCA pool. Londyn Clawson finished third with a time of 56.95 and Ciera Marsh finished fourth with a time of 58.90.
In the 100 breast, the Cougars finished in spots 2-4. Bispo finished in second with a time of 1:06.79 followed by Meghan O'Very (1:08.99) and Mallory Harris (1:09.24).
Following the 100 breast, Lewis led the Cougars to the same results as the previous event. Lewis finished second with a time of 24.19 with Andrea Grant (24.66) finishing third and Sarah Bushnell (24.87) finishing fourth.
Over in the diving pool, Dayna Christensen placed second in the 3-m with a score of 275.10 and third in the 1-m with a score of 238.58. Raleigh Williams Taylor finished fourth in both the 3-m and the 1-m. She scored 251.40 in the 3-m and 220.95 in the 1-m.
Campbell and Marsh finished second and third in the 200 back. Campbell finished with a time of 2:06.63 and Marsh finished with a time of 2:07.75.
In the 200 breast, BYU finished in spots 2-4. Clawson finished in second with a time of 2:21.09, O'Very finished third with a time of 2:28.90 and Bispo finished fourth with a time 2:31.50.
The final event of the afternoon was the 200 free relay. The team of Doroghian, Grant, Toolson and Campbell finished second with a time of 1:36.16.
BYU will hold its annual Christmas Training Camp in the Richards Building Pool from Dec. 27 to Jan. 5 to prepare for the rest of the season.
Jared Houghton is a Sports Information Director who works in the BYU Athletic Communications with the men's and women's swimming teams. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions relating to swimming.
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Report: ACC changes stance, now considers BYU...
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start employing...
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies report he...
- Utah secures commitments from two of Utah...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 65
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 53
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 45
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 38
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35