Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Utah State leads Toledo 10-6 at halftime
Utah State leads Toledo 10-6 at halftime of the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl behind a 62-yard touchdown run by Aggie quarterback Chuckie Keeton.
Keeton converted a 6-yard rush to gain a first down on 3rd-and-6 in the closing minutes of the first quarter. On the ensuing play, the Aggies ran a triple-option to the right. Keeton kept the ball, got past the defense and took it to the house. The Aggies led 7-3 at that point.
The Aggies added to their advantage just before the half on a 27-yard field goal by USU kicker Nick Diaz. The Aggies drove more than 85 yards in less than 90 seconds but didn't have enough time to score a touchdown. With five seconds to go until halftime, the Aggies elected to kick a field goal rather than risk not scoring at all.
The Rockets drove down the field on their first posession and opened up scoring with a 37-yard Jeremiah Detmer field goal and went scoreless through the rest of the first quarter. Toledo added a second field goal in the second quarter, but was unable to get into the end zone during the first half.
The Aggies are one of the few teams in college football history to not allow a touchdown in the first quarter in any game this season.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25