Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Utah State leads Toledo 10-6 at halftime
Utah State leads Toledo 10-6 at halftime of the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl behind a 62-yard touchdown run by Aggie quarterback Chuckie Keeton.
Keeton converted a 6-yard rush to gain a first down on 3rd-and-6 in the closing minutes of the first quarter. On the ensuing play, the Aggies ran a triple-option to the right. Keeton kept the ball, got past the defense and took it to the house. The Aggies led 7-3 at that point.
The Aggies added to their advantage just before the half on a 27-yard field goal by USU kicker Nick Diaz. The Aggies drove more than 85 yards in less than 90 seconds but didn't have enough time to score a touchdown. With five seconds to go until halftime, the Aggies elected to kick a field goal rather than risk not scoring at all.
The Rockets drove down the field on their first posession and opened up scoring with a 37-yard Jeremiah Detmer field goal and went scoreless through the rest of the first quarter. Toledo added a second field goal in the second quarter, but was unable to get into the end zone during the first half.
The Aggies are one of the few teams in college football history to not allow a touchdown in the first quarter in any game this season.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16