Utah Jazz return to old ways in road loss to Phoenix Suns
"We know what we need to do. Coming off of a big win, we can't come in to a team like this and just lay down," said Jazz forward Paul Millsap, who had 12 points and seven rebounds. "We felt like we didn't play our best game today, but we've just got to move on from it."
The fact the Suns (9-15) just beat the powerful Memphis Grizzlies likely won't offer much consolation.
The fact the Jazz (13-11) get a chance to bounce back quickly tonight at ESA against the Grizzlies does.
"We're not there yet, obviously. We still have some work to do," Jazz shooting guard Gordon Hayward said after his 0-for-5, three-point night. "The good thing is we can put this one behind us. We need a big win (tonight). It's going to be huge for us to come out and play with a lot of energy, especially form the beginning, and jump on Memphis."
NOTES: Big Al had 14 points and 11 rebounds to notch his 13th double-double. The 84-point outing was the Jazz's second-lowest scoring game of the season, but the lowest in a loss. Utah won at Washington, 83-76, on Nov. 17. In his second game back from a five-game absence due to plantar fasciitis, Favors had a nice night for the Jazz, with 11 points and eight rebounds. "He's got his confidence and timing back," Corbin said. "I thought he responded well." The Suns held a pregame moment of silence to honor the lives lost in Friday morning's tragedy in Connecticut.
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 64
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 39
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20