Book review: 'Shoelaces for Christmas' vividly tells heart-warming story
"SHOELACES FOR CHRISTMAS," by Craig S. Buehner, Eagle One Publishing, $12.95, 92 pages (f) (ages 12 and up)
"Shoelaces for Christmas" shows the maturity and development of a 15-year old boy named James Miller. He's the oldest of his siblings. In one Christmas, the family learns to treasure family relationships.
"Shoelaces" leads readers through the ups and downs of parenting teen boys and shows how the sorrows of life can be real learning experiences for even the most self-centered of teens.
This is a story that could be taken from anyone’s family as the characters are from a typical family of children, parents and grandparents. Craig S. Buehner creates a world that is so real it almost reads like a nonfiction story.
Through the wealth of his parents, James must learn responsibility and caring for others, which can only come from serving his fellow man.
This book is recommended for anyone 12 years and older. It is well written and draws the reader in.
James Foy graduated from International Co. of Ft Myers, Fla., with a bachelor's in business management degree. He has completed half of a master's course in computer information systems management.
- Warner Bros. calms fans with fun 'Justice...
- A title and ship for new 'Star Trek' series:...
- New artificial reef is sunk off Florida's...
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed with mass...
- Brie Larson confirmed as 'Captain Marvel'
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 19
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their... 14
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed... 5
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows... 3
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking... 3
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s... 2
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's... 2
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza... 1