PROVO — The Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce has announced the hiring of John Whittaker as its new director of events.
“We feel very fortunate to have someone with John's amazing experience join our staff,” said Val Hale, president and CEO of the Chamber.
Whittaker's career began when he was hired to work with the Osmond family on concert tours. His experience also includes serving as CEO at the Utah State Fairpark for four years and director of public events at Thanksgiving Point for six years, as well as being involved with the Stadium of Fire for 25 years as production manager and producer
Whittaker was senior production manager of the opening and closing ceremonies at both the Salt Lake City and Vancouver Winter Olympic Games and Paralympics.
“The Utah Valley Chamber represents and promotes the area's business economy, the community's pride and self image,” Whittaker said. “Having grown up in this valley, I am proud to be a representative of such a great organization and part of the success of our county and state.”
Whittaker and his wife, Cathy, reside in Orem and have four children and five grandchildren.
- April 15 may be Tax Day, but Tax Freedom Day...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters Utah's...
- Why do only half of Americans invest in stocks?
- Happiness research inspired one business...
- Did you file your taxes jointly or...
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could more than...
- RC Willey opens new store at University Place...
- Leadership touted at governor's economic summit
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- Fight for $15 protests expand for... 20
- EnergySolutions shouldn't store uranium... 8
- Gas prices in Utah climb 15 cents above... 5
- Contact lens makers sue Utah over... 4
- Did you file your taxes jointly or... 4
- Happiness research inspired one... 3