PROVO — The Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce has announced the hiring of John Whittaker as its new director of events.
“We feel very fortunate to have someone with John's amazing experience join our staff,” said Val Hale, president and CEO of the Chamber.
Whittaker's career began when he was hired to work with the Osmond family on concert tours. His experience also includes serving as CEO at the Utah State Fairpark for four years and director of public events at Thanksgiving Point for six years, as well as being involved with the Stadium of Fire for 25 years as production manager and producer
Whittaker was senior production manager of the opening and closing ceremonies at both the Salt Lake City and Vancouver Winter Olympic Games and Paralympics.
“The Utah Valley Chamber represents and promotes the area's business economy, the community's pride and self image,” Whittaker said. “Having grown up in this valley, I am proud to be a representative of such a great organization and part of the success of our county and state.”
Whittaker and his wife, Cathy, reside in Orem and have four children and five grandchildren.
- Writers offer personal finance advice to Obama
- Former middle-class moms choose new identity...
- IRS probe ignored most influential groups on...
- New app helps consumers purchase products...
- Dick Harmon: Utah analytics company breaks...
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled amid...
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- Two new hotels announced for downtown Salt...
- Writers offer personal finance advice... 25
- New app helps consumers purchase... 8
- Obama: 'Our focus cannot drift' from... 7
- Two new hotels announced for downtown... 6
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled... 6
- Tea party tax returns show small... 5
- IRS probe ignored most influential... 4
- Ty Kiisel: Small-town businesses across... 4