PROVO — The Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce has announced the hiring of John Whittaker as its new director of events.
“We feel very fortunate to have someone with John's amazing experience join our staff,” said Val Hale, president and CEO of the Chamber.
Whittaker's career began when he was hired to work with the Osmond family on concert tours. His experience also includes serving as CEO at the Utah State Fairpark for four years and director of public events at Thanksgiving Point for six years, as well as being involved with the Stadium of Fire for 25 years as production manager and producer
Whittaker was senior production manager of the opening and closing ceremonies at both the Salt Lake City and Vancouver Winter Olympic Games and Paralympics.
“The Utah Valley Chamber represents and promotes the area's business economy, the community's pride and self image,” Whittaker said. “Having grown up in this valley, I am proud to be a representative of such a great organization and part of the success of our county and state.”
Whittaker and his wife, Cathy, reside in Orem and have four children and five grandchildren.
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see their...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Target data breach: Credit monitoring will...
- Bitcoin controversy marks Newsweek's comeback
- Job growth higher than expected, but signals...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 16
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 15
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see... 13
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- House backs bill to block EPA rule... 3
- China takes aim at pollution after... 1
- Small town residents: Chevron pizza... 1
- Uintah County businesses still... 1