PROVO — The Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce has announced the hiring of John Whittaker as its new director of events.
“We feel very fortunate to have someone with John's amazing experience join our staff,” said Val Hale, president and CEO of the Chamber.
Whittaker's career began when he was hired to work with the Osmond family on concert tours. His experience also includes serving as CEO at the Utah State Fairpark for four years and director of public events at Thanksgiving Point for six years, as well as being involved with the Stadium of Fire for 25 years as production manager and producer
Whittaker was senior production manager of the opening and closing ceremonies at both the Salt Lake City and Vancouver Winter Olympic Games and Paralympics.
“The Utah Valley Chamber represents and promotes the area's business economy, the community's pride and self image,” Whittaker said. “Having grown up in this valley, I am proud to be a representative of such a great organization and part of the success of our county and state.”
Whittaker and his wife, Cathy, reside in Orem and have four children and five grandchildren.
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view milestone;...
- Intermountain Healthcare offering benefits to...
- Green energy option in Logan points to a need...
- UTA's six-person group pass is here for the...
- Start thinking about retirement while in your...
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah...
- Obama declares health care law is... 20
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah... 3