PROVO — The Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce has announced the hiring of John Whittaker as its new director of events.
“We feel very fortunate to have someone with John's amazing experience join our staff,” said Val Hale, president and CEO of the Chamber.
Whittaker's career began when he was hired to work with the Osmond family on concert tours. His experience also includes serving as CEO at the Utah State Fairpark for four years and director of public events at Thanksgiving Point for six years, as well as being involved with the Stadium of Fire for 25 years as production manager and producer
Whittaker was senior production manager of the opening and closing ceremonies at both the Salt Lake City and Vancouver Winter Olympic Games and Paralympics.
“The Utah Valley Chamber represents and promotes the area's business economy, the community's pride and self image,” Whittaker said. “Having grown up in this valley, I am proud to be a representative of such a great organization and part of the success of our county and state.”
Whittaker and his wife, Cathy, reside in Orem and have four children and five grandchildren.
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The Interview'...
- Groups launch lawsuit over Tesoro refinery plan
- How grandparents can save for their...
- Amazon does not have to pay workers for time...
- Russians rush to stores to pre-empt price rises
- Can't buy me love: How to give your partner...
- PacifiCorp to close Deer Creek Mine in 2015
- Randy Shumway: One solution for air...
- Judge to decide documents dispute in... 7
- Is brand loyalty the new religion? 6
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 5
- Biggest mailing day of the year means... 5
- Wells Fargo providing $15K grants to... 4
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- Keystone pipeline to top Senate agenda... 3
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over... 3