PROVO — The Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce has announced the hiring of John Whittaker as its new director of events.
“We feel very fortunate to have someone with John's amazing experience join our staff,” said Val Hale, president and CEO of the Chamber.
Whittaker's career began when he was hired to work with the Osmond family on concert tours. His experience also includes serving as CEO at the Utah State Fairpark for four years and director of public events at Thanksgiving Point for six years, as well as being involved with the Stadium of Fire for 25 years as production manager and producer
Whittaker was senior production manager of the opening and closing ceremonies at both the Salt Lake City and Vancouver Winter Olympic Games and Paralympics.
“The Utah Valley Chamber represents and promotes the area's business economy, the community's pride and self image,” Whittaker said. “Having grown up in this valley, I am proud to be a representative of such a great organization and part of the success of our county and state.”
Whittaker and his wife, Cathy, reside in Orem and have four children and five grandchildren.
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Renewable energy advocates decry proposed...
- Battered by recalls, GM buoyed by its large SUVs
- The Gateway adding new dining concept
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Overstock employees ride bicycles to work to...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 7
- New solar energy project at Utah... 6
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last... 5
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 4
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Beef pollutes more than pork, poultry,... 2