Utah State football: McKade Brady enjoys giving back to community he grew up in
“It’s something we talk about all the time. As a community and as a football program we want to be involved. If we just talk about it and don’t do it, then it’s just lip service,” Andersen said. “We’re excited about it. It helps our young men grow and hopefully it helps the community grow.”
It isn’t easy to be a football player, while going to school and maintaining a life outside of that. As a senior, Brady has found that balance and has been involved in many aspects of the university.
“McKade’s success at our institution, both on and off the field, stems from his remarkable ability to juggle the rigors of academics and athletics, while still maintaining balance as an individual,” said Jason Thomas, assistant director of Student-Athlete Services. “McKade is a good-hearted, selfless individual who seeks the better good of others above his own and whose character should be admired amongst his peers.”
With a new wife, a rigorous school schedule, all mixed in with the amount of time required of a Division I student-athlete, Brady has still found the time to make a difference in his hometown.
“A lot of times student-athletes just get consumed because we spend so much time in our sport that they think that’s all there is to life. But there are bigger things out there than just football. My parents did a good job of always teaching me that there are other things than just sports and you need keep that in mind,” Brady said. “You need to be a good person in all aspects of your life, not just worrying about being a good football player.”
Megan Allen writes for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for fouling strategy
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Mike Sorensen: Manning's storybook ending...
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 102
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 64
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 25
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22