Utah State football: McKade Brady enjoys giving back to community he grew up in
“It’s something we talk about all the time. As a community and as a football program we want to be involved. If we just talk about it and don’t do it, then it’s just lip service,” Andersen said. “We’re excited about it. It helps our young men grow and hopefully it helps the community grow.”
It isn’t easy to be a football player, while going to school and maintaining a life outside of that. As a senior, Brady has found that balance and has been involved in many aspects of the university.
“McKade’s success at our institution, both on and off the field, stems from his remarkable ability to juggle the rigors of academics and athletics, while still maintaining balance as an individual,” said Jason Thomas, assistant director of Student-Athlete Services. “McKade is a good-hearted, selfless individual who seeks the better good of others above his own and whose character should be admired amongst his peers.”
With a new wife, a rigorous school schedule, all mixed in with the amount of time required of a Division I student-athlete, Brady has still found the time to make a difference in his hometown.
“A lot of times student-athletes just get consumed because we spend so much time in our sport that they think that’s all there is to life. But there are bigger things out there than just football. My parents did a good job of always teaching me that there are other things than just sports and you need keep that in mind,” Brady said. “You need to be a good person in all aspects of your life, not just worrying about being a good football player.”
Megan Allen writes for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27