USU football: Bill Busch and Kendrick Shaver named FootballScoop Defensive Back Coaches of the Year
Utah State coaches Bill Busch and Kendrick Shaver received FootballScoop’s Defensive Backs Coaches of the Year award, presented by ProGrass, it was announced Thursday.
The award, given by the only organization recognizing position coaches, was chosen by previous winners. The two will be honored at the American Football Coaches Association's annual convention in January.
Busch is in his fourth season at Utah State, serving as associate head coach and overseeing the special teams and safeties. Shaver joined the Aggie staff in February 2011. He currently serves as the cornerbacks coach. Prior to coming to Utah State, he spent four seasons as the secondary coach at Northern Colorado.
“They have some talented young men there in the back end. They are great teachers of the fundamentals on the practice field. They are great teachers in the meeting room,” coach Gary Andersen said. “Their expectation is to play at a very high level every single week and their kids have wrapped their arms around that. This is well-deserved for both of them and I'm proud of them.”
Previous winners of the Defensive Backs Coach of the Year award are Tim Billings (Wake Forest, 2008); Everett Withers and Troy Douglas (North Carolina, 2009); Chad Glasgow and Clay Jennings (TCU, 2010); and Ron Cooper (LSU, 2011).
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26