SUNSET — A man was arrested Thursday night after police say he fired as many as eight shots at a patrol car, some piercing the vehicle and hitting the officer's computer.
No one was injured in the incident.
The shots were fired just after 5 p.m. near 2300 North and 700 West. Police began an immediate search for the man and arrested Zane Openshaw, who was standing outside, talking calmly on his cell phone about 40 minutes after the shooting.
Police said Openshaw's actions may have been related to an argument he had with his girlfriend.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11