SUNSET — A man was arrested Thursday night after police say he fired as many as eight shots at a patrol car, some piercing the vehicle and hitting the officer's computer.
No one was injured in the incident.
The shots were fired just after 5 p.m. near 2300 North and 700 West. Police began an immediate search for the man and arrested Zane Openshaw, who was standing outside, talking calmly on his cell phone about 40 minutes after the shooting.
Police said Openshaw's actions may have been related to an argument he had with his girlfriend.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 33
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21