SUNSET — A man was arrested Thursday night after police say he fired as many as eight shots at a patrol car, some piercing the vehicle and hitting the officer's computer.
No one was injured in the incident.
The shots were fired just after 5 p.m. near 2300 North and 700 West. Police began an immediate search for the man and arrested Zane Openshaw, who was standing outside, talking calmly on his cell phone about 40 minutes after the shooting.
Police said Openshaw's actions may have been related to an argument he had with his girlfriend.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Midvale teen ran over mom with car after...
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- Body of woman found near hiking trail in...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 65
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 18
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10