, Provo Police Department
PROVO — Two people are in jail following a hotel room heist that netted $14 and some beer.
About 3:17 p.m. Wednesday, Provo police received a call from a 39-year-old man who reported he'd been robbed at knife point in his hotel room at the Amenity Inn, 48 W. 300 South.
The man told police he'd met Kellie Anderson, 26, and Cheyenne Labrum, 44, both of Provo, on Tuesday. They returned to his hotel room Wednesday, threatened him with a knife and demanded his money, police said.
After giving them the $14 he had in his pocket, the man said one of the alleged robbers held a knife on him while the other took beer from a refrigerator in the hotel room, police said.
Labrum then cut the telephone cord to prevent the victim from calling the police for help, police said. Labrum also cut a lamp cord, which he had with him when police arrested both him and Anderson.
Labrum was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of aggravated robbery, criminal mischief, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Anderson was booked on suspicion of robbery.
Utah County Jail officials said it's the 66th time Labrum has been booked into the jail.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- See all the photos from the big Pioneer Day...
- Salt Lake man shoots 8-year-old boy, then...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 84
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17