, Provo Police Department
PROVO — Two people are in jail following a hotel room heist that netted $14 and some beer.
About 3:17 p.m. Wednesday, Provo police received a call from a 39-year-old man who reported he'd been robbed at knife point in his hotel room at the Amenity Inn, 48 W. 300 South.
The man told police he'd met Kellie Anderson, 26, and Cheyenne Labrum, 44, both of Provo, on Tuesday. They returned to his hotel room Wednesday, threatened him with a knife and demanded his money, police said.
After giving them the $14 he had in his pocket, the man said one of the alleged robbers held a knife on him while the other took beer from a refrigerator in the hotel room, police said.
Labrum then cut the telephone cord to prevent the victim from calling the police for help, police said. Labrum also cut a lamp cord, which he had with him when police arrested both him and Anderson.
Labrum was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of aggravated robbery, criminal mischief, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Anderson was booked on suspicion of robbery.
Utah County Jail officials said it's the 66th time Labrum has been booked into the jail.
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 52
- GOP primary in governor's race now... 24
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 22
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 20
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries 13
- Provo transit project set to begin,... 13
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint... 12
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes... 12