, Provo Police Department
PROVO — Two people are in jail following a hotel room heist that netted $14 and some beer.
About 3:17 p.m. Wednesday, Provo police received a call from a 39-year-old man who reported he'd been robbed at knife point in his hotel room at the Amenity Inn, 48 W. 300 South.
The man told police he'd met Kellie Anderson, 26, and Cheyenne Labrum, 44, both of Provo, on Tuesday. They returned to his hotel room Wednesday, threatened him with a knife and demanded his money, police said.
After giving them the $14 he had in his pocket, the man said one of the alleged robbers held a knife on him while the other took beer from a refrigerator in the hotel room, police said.
Labrum then cut the telephone cord to prevent the victim from calling the police for help, police said. Labrum also cut a lamp cord, which he had with him when police arrested both him and Anderson.
Labrum was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of aggravated robbery, criminal mischief, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Anderson was booked on suspicion of robbery.
Utah County Jail officials said it's the 66th time Labrum has been booked into the jail.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 123
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9