, Provo Police Department
PROVO — Two people are in jail following a hotel room heist that netted $14 and some beer.
About 3:17 p.m. Wednesday, Provo police received a call from a 39-year-old man who reported he'd been robbed at knife point in his hotel room at the Amenity Inn, 48 W. 300 South.
The man told police he'd met Kellie Anderson, 26, and Cheyenne Labrum, 44, both of Provo, on Tuesday. They returned to his hotel room Wednesday, threatened him with a knife and demanded his money, police said.
After giving them the $14 he had in his pocket, the man said one of the alleged robbers held a knife on him while the other took beer from a refrigerator in the hotel room, police said.
Labrum then cut the telephone cord to prevent the victim from calling the police for help, police said. Labrum also cut a lamp cord, which he had with him when police arrested both him and Anderson.
Labrum was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of aggravated robbery, criminal mischief, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Anderson was booked on suspicion of robbery.
Utah County Jail officials said it's the 66th time Labrum has been booked into the jail.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 32
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 28
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 21
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17