SALT LAKE CITY — Murder charges have been filed against a man accused of stabbing two men, killing one, in a fight at a local strip club Nov. 11.
Isaac Anthony Gallegos, 44, is charged with murder, a first-degree felony, aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, and obstructing justice, a third-degree felony, according to documents filed Thursday in 3rd District Court.
Police say Gallegos was involved in a fight that broke out just after 11 p.m. Southern Exposure, 3420 S. Main. Witnesses told police Gallegos produced a knife during the fight and stabbed a bouncer in the side and another man in the chest, charges state.
Dustin Hoffman, 27, was stabbed twice in the chest and died at the scene from knife wounds that punctured his heart and lung, charges state. The bouncer, Brandon Melendez, was hospitalized and treated for a punctured liver and lung.
Investigators located a white button-up shirt and undershirt matching the description of Gallegos' attire at the bar in a trash bin outside his apartment, according to the charges. Both shirts were torn, and the long-sleeved shirt bore a brown stain consistent with blood.
Gallegos was arrested following the incident and booked into Salt Lake County Jail on $1 million cash-only bail. He was previously convicted of aggravated robbery and sent to the Utah State Prison in 2002. He was released in 2010 and was on parole at the time of the stabbing.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11