Two books from Deseret Book receive Mom's Choice gold awards
Two picture books published under Deseret Book’s Shadow Mountain imprint recently received Mom’s Choice Awards.
"A Christmas Train" is a childhood story about President Thomas S. Monson, prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Illustrated by Dan Burr, it tells of a lesson young Tommy learned about giving at Christmastime.
The book received a gold award in the seasonal, holidays and festivals category for children’s picture books
It has been the top-selling book at Deseret Book stores for the past few weeks. There is also an interactive iPad app and an audio CD of President Monson narrating the story.
“Pingo and the Playground Bully” is the second in a series by Brandon Mull, and is illustrated by Brandon Dorman. It tells the story of playground friends having a contest to determine who has the best imaginary friend while trying to avoid the playground bully.
It received a gold award in the “Imagine It!” category.
“We’re so grateful that the Mom’s Choice Awards have recognized these fantastic books for their intrinsic values and for all the effort that went into producing them,” Chris Schoebinger, publishing creative director at Shadow Mountain Publishing, said in a statement.
The Mom’s Choice Awards are decided by a panel of women who include parents, those in the media and education, librarians, performing artists, producers, medical and business professionals, authors and scientists, according to the group’s website. They look for books and products that are morally sound and promote good will and are inspirational and uplifting.
There are two tiers of awards — gold and silver — each book or product is judged based on its own merit, according to information from Mom's Choice Awards. More than 1,500 entries are submitted and about a third of those are honored.
Mom’s Choice Awards include 43 categories for children’s picture books.
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon...
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Sister Linda K. Burton writes about emotional...
- Understanding DNA testing in family history
- Kinshasa Democratic Republic of Congo Temple:...
- Praying together to stay together? The role...
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon... 70
- Darwin Day notwithstanding, evolution... 21
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 14
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S. 9
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- Bernie Sanders supported religious... 8
- Evangelical leaders denounce Selective... 6
- Understanding DNA testing in family... 5