Point guard Stilman White has embarked on his Mormon mission
Our take: Point guard Stilman White has left the University of North Carolina to serve his two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This article by Matt Morgan of Inside Carolina recaps White's memorable freshman season with the Tar Heels and describes the missionary's thoughts as he departs to serve in parts of northern Utah, southern Idaho and western Wyoming.
Somebody needed to pinch Stilman White. Looking back at the year he’s had, there’s no way it wasn’t all a dream.
From earning scholarship offers from Utah State and BYU to eventually suiting up in Carolina blue. From Hoggard High to playing in front of Barack and Michelle on an aircraft carrier. From an unrated prospect to starting in the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight. Stuff like this just doesn’t happen to people.
“I had the best year of my life,” White said. “Sometimes it just amazes me all the neat experiences I had and the neat things I got to do the last year.”
But just as quickly as White went from anonymous to primetime, he went back. The Wilmington native traded in his Nike shorts and jersey for slacks and a button up as he left for Utah to start his Mormon mission last week.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 9
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 4
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 4
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3