Book review: 'A Christmas Home' tells a heartwarming coming-of-age story
Author Greg Kincaid tells a heartwarming story in “A Christmas Home," the third book in Kincaid's holiday series.
The first and second books are called “A Dog Named Christmas” and “Christmas with Tucker.”
In this third installment, readers are reintroduced to Todd McCray, the young man in the first novel who started a program called “Adopt a Dog for Christmas.”
In “A Christmas Home,” Todd is now 24 years old and works at the local animal shelter.
At the shelter, Todd meets a young woman named Laura. The two form a fast friendship and try to help each other deal with their physical and mental disabilities.
Todd decides to train a dog to help Laura perform day-to-day activities. Because of this act, Todd realizes that he has potential and can make a positive impact on society.
For those who like the Hallmark and Lifetime channels, this book will be appealing. It is overly sentimental, yet sweet at the same time. Readers will definitely want to read this book with a box of tissues nearby.
All in all, “A Christmas Home” is a book that will put you in the Christmas spirit.
Shelby Scoffield has a bachelor's in English from Brigham Young University and a master's in rhetoric and composition from Stanislaus State University. She is currently working on her teaching credentials so she can teach high school English.
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at Sharia...
- About Utah: He finally landed the role of his...
- 4 recently released LDS picture books
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- Tabernacle hosts annual LDS Latino Christmas...
- Netflix has a different take on modern...
- The Killers collaborates with Owen Wilson and...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million... 13
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound... 12
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 8
- The Killers collaborates with Owen... 7
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 7
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh... 6
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 6