Book review: 'A Christmas Home' tells a heartwarming coming-of-age story
Author Greg Kincaid tells a heartwarming story in “A Christmas Home," the third book in Kincaid's holiday series.
The first and second books are called “A Dog Named Christmas” and “Christmas with Tucker.”
In this third installment, readers are reintroduced to Todd McCray, the young man in the first novel who started a program called “Adopt a Dog for Christmas.”
In “A Christmas Home,” Todd is now 24 years old and works at the local animal shelter.
At the shelter, Todd meets a young woman named Laura. The two form a fast friendship and try to help each other deal with their physical and mental disabilities.
Todd decides to train a dog to help Laura perform day-to-day activities. Because of this act, Todd realizes that he has potential and can make a positive impact on society.
For those who like the Hallmark and Lifetime channels, this book will be appealing. It is overly sentimental, yet sweet at the same time. Readers will definitely want to read this book with a box of tissues nearby.
All in all, “A Christmas Home” is a book that will put you in the Christmas spirit.
Shelby Scoffield has a bachelor's in English from Brigham Young University and a master's in rhetoric and composition from Stanislaus State University. She is currently working on her teaching credentials so she can teach high school English.
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with Katniss
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming video...
- The unstoppable powerhouse of Disney's Frozen
- The Clean Cut: Christian funnyman Michael Jr....
- Three gluten-free pumpkin pie options
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 12
- Jennifer Lawrence: Privacy loss that... 4
- FanX returns in January with 'Star... 4
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys'... 3
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 3
- Model-TV host Dickinson accuses Cosby... 2
- Going gluten-free for Thanksgiving 2
- Cookbooks see growth, but slow to move... 1