Book review: 'A Christmas Home' tells a heartwarming coming-of-age story
Author Greg Kincaid tells a heartwarming story in “A Christmas Home," the third book in Kincaid's holiday series.
The first and second books are called “A Dog Named Christmas” and “Christmas with Tucker.”
In this third installment, readers are reintroduced to Todd McCray, the young man in the first novel who started a program called “Adopt a Dog for Christmas.”
In “A Christmas Home,” Todd is now 24 years old and works at the local animal shelter.
At the shelter, Todd meets a young woman named Laura. The two form a fast friendship and try to help each other deal with their physical and mental disabilities.
Todd decides to train a dog to help Laura perform day-to-day activities. Because of this act, Todd realizes that he has potential and can make a positive impact on society.
For those who like the Hallmark and Lifetime channels, this book will be appealing. It is overly sentimental, yet sweet at the same time. Readers will definitely want to read this book with a box of tissues nearby.
All in all, “A Christmas Home” is a book that will put you in the Christmas spirit.
Shelby Scoffield has a bachelor's in English from Brigham Young University and a master's in rhetoric and composition from Stanislaus State University. She is currently working on her teaching credentials so she can teach high school English.
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- First look at modernized 'Annie' produced by...
- Dancing for Food: Dance event raises $40K for...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Book review: Brandon Sanderson's 'Words of...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 56
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 6
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance... 5
- Tony-winning singer, actress Kristin... 1
- PBS science correspondent Miles O'Brien... 1