Book review: 'A Christmas Home' tells a heartwarming coming-of-age story
Author Greg Kincaid tells a heartwarming story in “A Christmas Home," the third book in Kincaid's holiday series.
The first and second books are called “A Dog Named Christmas” and “Christmas with Tucker.”
In this third installment, readers are reintroduced to Todd McCray, the young man in the first novel who started a program called “Adopt a Dog for Christmas.”
In “A Christmas Home,” Todd is now 24 years old and works at the local animal shelter.
At the shelter, Todd meets a young woman named Laura. The two form a fast friendship and try to help each other deal with their physical and mental disabilities.
Todd decides to train a dog to help Laura perform day-to-day activities. Because of this act, Todd realizes that he has potential and can make a positive impact on society.
For those who like the Hallmark and Lifetime channels, this book will be appealing. It is overly sentimental, yet sweet at the same time. Readers will definitely want to read this book with a box of tissues nearby.
All in all, “A Christmas Home” is a book that will put you in the Christmas spirit.
Shelby Scoffield has a bachelor's in English from Brigham Young University and a master's in rhetoric and composition from Stanislaus State University. She is currently working on her teaching credentials so she can teach high school English.
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Suspenseful 'Maze Runner' dodges limitations...
- The latest ‘Godzilla’ reboot...
- Summer movie season wasn't so bad for 'the...
- Paintbrushes, fairy tales and chore charts:...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 2