Book review: 'A Christmas Home' tells a heartwarming coming-of-age story
Author Greg Kincaid tells a heartwarming story in “A Christmas Home," the third book in Kincaid's holiday series.
The first and second books are called “A Dog Named Christmas” and “Christmas with Tucker.”
In this third installment, readers are reintroduced to Todd McCray, the young man in the first novel who started a program called “Adopt a Dog for Christmas.”
In “A Christmas Home,” Todd is now 24 years old and works at the local animal shelter.
At the shelter, Todd meets a young woman named Laura. The two form a fast friendship and try to help each other deal with their physical and mental disabilities.
Todd decides to train a dog to help Laura perform day-to-day activities. Because of this act, Todd realizes that he has potential and can make a positive impact on society.
For those who like the Hallmark and Lifetime channels, this book will be appealing. It is overly sentimental, yet sweet at the same time. Readers will definitely want to read this book with a box of tissues nearby.
All in all, “A Christmas Home” is a book that will put you in the Christmas spirit.
Shelby Scoffield has a bachelor's in English from Brigham Young University and a master's in rhetoric and composition from Stanislaus State University. She is currently working on her teaching credentials so she can teach high school English.
- Big on opera: Utah Opera's artistic director...
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- Peru Fest community event celebrates culture,...
- Behind the scenes of the Utah Shakespeare...
- Actors anxiously await Farmington's 'Annie...
- 'Avengers' unleash 'Ultron' footage at Comic-Con
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 12
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- James Garner was a singular talent with... 1
- Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton can't... 1
- Sherry Young: Moving — a life... 1
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt... 1