If you still don't understand what the "fiscal cliff" is, a YouTube video has been released to help you.
The video, uploaded by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, explains the effects of the fiscal cliff if legislation doesn't prevent it from taking effect Jan. 2, 2013.
The fiscal cliff would cause a family of four earning $50,000 a year to have federal income taxes rise by $2,100, David Chavern, executive VP and COO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said in the video.
The video, which was released Nov. 15, explains the potential effects of the fiscal cliff simply for individuals, businesses and the economy.
"Add up all the looming tax increases and it's the highest federal tax hike in American history," Chavern said in the video.
He added: "If legislation doesn't go through, the fiscal cliff would plunge us back into recession in 2013."
- McCostly: Where to get the cheapest Quarter...
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- Want more success in the workplace? Make...
- Mistake or Miracle: New evidence on the...
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal
- Technical timing: How to know when to upgrade...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- The Mortgage Professor: Escrow can raise...
- US unemployment aid applications fall... 6
- AIG CEO tells college graduates facing... 5
- Star Trek money tips to live long and... 4
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the... 4
- Birth control coverage up for federal... 3
- Is another housing bubble looming on... 3
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash 2
- Dave Ramsey says: In unique... 1