If you still don't understand what the "fiscal cliff" is, a YouTube video has been released to help you.
The video, uploaded by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, explains the effects of the fiscal cliff if legislation doesn't prevent it from taking effect Jan. 2, 2013.
The fiscal cliff would cause a family of four earning $50,000 a year to have federal income taxes rise by $2,100, David Chavern, executive VP and COO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said in the video.
The video, which was released Nov. 15, explains the potential effects of the fiscal cliff simply for individuals, businesses and the economy.
"Add up all the looming tax increases and it's the highest federal tax hike in American history," Chavern said in the video.
He added: "If legislation doesn't go through, the fiscal cliff would plunge us back into recession in 2013."
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely to take...
- Balancing act: Survey: Office etiquette has...
- The faith-based investor: Making financial...
- All aboard: How to win the budget battle with...
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- The 20 best cities to live in for first-time...
- The costs of back to school are increasing...
- Obama administration announces new compromise...
- Obama administration announces new... 19
- How to eat on just $4 a day 16
- California push to avert higher gas... 10
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 8
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 7
- 15 actions families are taking today to... 3
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely... 3
- Should you take a store up on its... 2