If you still don't understand what the "fiscal cliff" is, a YouTube video has been released to help you.
The video, uploaded by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, explains the effects of the fiscal cliff if legislation doesn't prevent it from taking effect Jan. 2, 2013.
The fiscal cliff would cause a family of four earning $50,000 a year to have federal income taxes rise by $2,100, David Chavern, executive VP and COO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said in the video.
The video, which was released Nov. 15, explains the potential effects of the fiscal cliff simply for individuals, businesses and the economy.
"Add up all the looming tax increases and it's the highest federal tax hike in American history," Chavern said in the video.
He added: "If legislation doesn't go through, the fiscal cliff would plunge us back into recession in 2013."
- 25 cities that are winning at education
- Consumers fuel steady US economy as rest of...
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- 4 warning signs your teen is destined for bad...
- Germany to Greece: Don't mess with us over...
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Child grooms of Nepal are married off as...
- Markets brace for Big Oil profit plunge
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 5
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- Obama to seek to bust spending limits... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 3
- Consumers fuel steady US economy as... 2
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your... 2
- Tess Frame: Five reasons you’re... 1