If you still don't understand what the "fiscal cliff" is, a YouTube video has been released to help you.
The video, uploaded by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, explains the effects of the fiscal cliff if legislation doesn't prevent it from taking effect Jan. 2, 2013.
The fiscal cliff would cause a family of four earning $50,000 a year to have federal income taxes rise by $2,100, David Chavern, executive VP and COO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said in the video.
The video, which was released Nov. 15, explains the potential effects of the fiscal cliff simply for individuals, businesses and the economy.
"Add up all the looming tax increases and it's the highest federal tax hike in American history," Chavern said in the video.
He added: "If legislation doesn't go through, the fiscal cliff would plunge us back into recession in 2013."
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- How to be a billionaire
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 12
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 12
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 3
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah... 3