If you still don't understand what the "fiscal cliff" is, a YouTube video has been released to help you.
The video, uploaded by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, explains the effects of the fiscal cliff if legislation doesn't prevent it from taking effect Jan. 2, 2013.
The fiscal cliff would cause a family of four earning $50,000 a year to have federal income taxes rise by $2,100, David Chavern, executive VP and COO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said in the video.
The video, which was released Nov. 15, explains the potential effects of the fiscal cliff simply for individuals, businesses and the economy.
"Add up all the looming tax increases and it's the highest federal tax hike in American history," Chavern said in the video.
He added: "If legislation doesn't go through, the fiscal cliff would plunge us back into recession in 2013."
- The most popular jobs in America
- 9 things to never buy at yard sales
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem could mean...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we thought
- Balancing act: French ban on after-hours...
- How to rear money-smart kids
- 5 features an Amazon phone might offer
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 31
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we... 28
- Balancing act: French ban on... 10
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 8
- U.S. 'tax freedom day' is 3 days later... 4
- What increasing rent costs mean for the... 4
- 9 things to never buy at yard sales 3