If you still don't understand what the "fiscal cliff" is, a YouTube video has been released to help you.
The video, uploaded by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, explains the effects of the fiscal cliff if legislation doesn't prevent it from taking effect Jan. 2, 2013.
The fiscal cliff would cause a family of four earning $50,000 a year to have federal income taxes rise by $2,100, David Chavern, executive VP and COO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said in the video.
The video, which was released Nov. 15, explains the potential effects of the fiscal cliff simply for individuals, businesses and the economy.
"Add up all the looming tax increases and it's the highest federal tax hike in American history," Chavern said in the video.
He added: "If legislation doesn't go through, the fiscal cliff would plunge us back into recession in 2013."
- The best Black Friday deals of 2014
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- Can a cash grocery budget save you money?
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- What women can do to prepare for retirement
- Adults expect to spend $720 on gifts. Here's...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 12
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can... 7
- Immigration reform will boost the... 7
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best... 2
- What women can do to prepare for... 2
- US stocks inch further into record... 1