If you still don't understand what the "fiscal cliff" is, a YouTube video has been released to help you.
The video, uploaded by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, explains the effects of the fiscal cliff if legislation doesn't prevent it from taking effect Jan. 2, 2013.
The fiscal cliff would cause a family of four earning $50,000 a year to have federal income taxes rise by $2,100, David Chavern, executive VP and COO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said in the video.
The video, which was released Nov. 15, explains the potential effects of the fiscal cliff simply for individuals, businesses and the economy.
"Add up all the looming tax increases and it's the highest federal tax hike in American history," Chavern said in the video.
He added: "If legislation doesn't go through, the fiscal cliff would plunge us back into recession in 2013."
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy:...
- 7 things you can afford that you take for...
- Dave Ramsey says: Dave Ramsey: Pets and...
- Balancing act: How does your boss feel about...
- Laundry Love: Groups across the nation are...
- Some fear auto industry returning to bad habits
- Netflix unveils new way to share recommendations
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 12
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Down payment for love: The costs and... 4
- 7 things you can afford that you take... 4
- Some fear auto industry returning to... 3
- US consumer spending dips 0.1 percent 2
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its... 2