If you still don't understand what the "fiscal cliff" is, a YouTube video has been released to help you.
The video, uploaded by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, explains the effects of the fiscal cliff if legislation doesn't prevent it from taking effect Jan. 2, 2013.
The fiscal cliff would cause a family of four earning $50,000 a year to have federal income taxes rise by $2,100, David Chavern, executive VP and COO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said in the video.
The video, which was released Nov. 15, explains the potential effects of the fiscal cliff simply for individuals, businesses and the economy.
"Add up all the looming tax increases and it's the highest federal tax hike in American history," Chavern said in the video.
He added: "If legislation doesn't go through, the fiscal cliff would plunge us back into recession in 2013."
- The most charitable states
- Religion contributes to Utah being most...
- As times get better can you keep a leash on...
- Balancing act: Who is in control of your...
- Teacher pensions are squeezing school funding...
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey on trust
- Degrees worth investing in
- New BYU study looks at the power of 'true...
- Religion contributes to Utah being most... 27
- Want a better return on your college... 17
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey... 10
- New BYU study looks at the power of... 6
- 9 important money tips every dad should... 5
- Sequester cuts hit poor, elderly,... 4
- Losing their launch: Children planning... 3
- Teacher pensions are squeezing school... 3