If you still don't understand what the "fiscal cliff" is, a YouTube video has been released to help you.
The video, uploaded by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, explains the effects of the fiscal cliff if legislation doesn't prevent it from taking effect Jan. 2, 2013.
The fiscal cliff would cause a family of four earning $50,000 a year to have federal income taxes rise by $2,100, David Chavern, executive VP and COO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said in the video.
The video, which was released Nov. 15, explains the potential effects of the fiscal cliff simply for individuals, businesses and the economy.
"Add up all the looming tax increases and it's the highest federal tax hike in American history," Chavern said in the video.
He added: "If legislation doesn't go through, the fiscal cliff would plunge us back into recession in 2013."
- Robots vs. minimum wage: As pressure grows on...
- Dave Ramsey says: Put a temporary stop to...
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs and...
- What do the new jobs numbers mean?
- The American Dream is still alive for 20...
- The shift away from driving continues
- 10 Great Gift Ideas for People Who Have...
- 10 great gift ideas for people who have...
- Robots vs. minimum wage: As pressure... 17
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 8
- Insurance agents feeling left out of... 8
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 7
- The American Dream is still alive for... 6
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs... 3