BYU men's basketball: Jabari Parker sets date to announce his decision (+video)
CHICAGO — Simeon's young basketball star Jabari Parker has warranted a lot of interest with his recruitment, and it's all about to come to an end. The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Parker will announce his college decision on Dec. 20 at 3 p.m. Central Standard Time.
Parker will decide between BYU, Duke, Michigan State, Florida and Stanford and has made official visits to each of those schools. Duke is thought by most to be the favorite for his services, along with Michigan State. Florida is thought to be the darkhorse. He made his official visit to BYU in late November and has made several unofficial visits to the Provo campus.
Parker is a 6-foot-8 forward prospect who was named as the 2012 national player of the year and stars for No. 1-ranked Simeon High School. He's regarded as either the No. 1 or No. 2 recruit nationally, depending on the service, and will make his announcement at Simeon High.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28