BYU men's basketball: Jabari Parker sets date to announce his decision (+video)
CHICAGO — Simeon's young basketball star Jabari Parker has warranted a lot of interest with his recruitment, and it's all about to come to an end. The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Parker will announce his college decision on Dec. 20 at 3 p.m. Central Standard Time.
Parker will decide between BYU, Duke, Michigan State, Florida and Stanford and has made official visits to each of those schools. Duke is thought by most to be the favorite for his services, along with Michigan State. Florida is thought to be the darkhorse. He made his official visit to BYU in late November and has made several unofficial visits to the Provo campus.
Parker is a 6-foot-8 forward prospect who was named as the 2012 national player of the year and stars for No. 1-ranked Simeon High School. He's regarded as either the No. 1 or No. 2 recruit nationally, depending on the service, and will make his announcement at Simeon High.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35