BYU men's basketball: Jabari Parker sets date to announce his decision (+video)
CHICAGO — Simeon's young basketball star Jabari Parker has warranted a lot of interest with his recruitment, and it's all about to come to an end. The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Parker will announce his college decision on Dec. 20 at 3 p.m. Central Standard Time.
Parker will decide between BYU, Duke, Michigan State, Florida and Stanford and has made official visits to each of those schools. Duke is thought by most to be the favorite for his services, along with Michigan State. Florida is thought to be the darkhorse. He made his official visit to BYU in late November and has made several unofficial visits to the Provo campus.
Parker is a 6-foot-8 forward prospect who was named as the 2012 national player of the year and stars for No. 1-ranked Simeon High School. He's regarded as either the No. 1 or No. 2 recruit nationally, depending on the service, and will make his announcement at Simeon High.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28