BYU men's basketball: Jabari Parker sets date to announce his decision (+video)
CHICAGO — Simeon's young basketball star Jabari Parker has warranted a lot of interest with his recruitment, and it's all about to come to an end. The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Parker will announce his college decision on Dec. 20 at 3 p.m. Central Standard Time.
Parker will decide between BYU, Duke, Michigan State, Florida and Stanford and has made official visits to each of those schools. Duke is thought by most to be the favorite for his services, along with Michigan State. Florida is thought to be the darkhorse. He made his official visit to BYU in late November and has made several unofficial visits to the Provo campus.
Parker is a 6-foot-8 forward prospect who was named as the 2012 national player of the year and stars for No. 1-ranked Simeon High School. He's regarded as either the No. 1 or No. 2 recruit nationally, depending on the service, and will make his announcement at Simeon High.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33