BYU men's basketball: Jabari Parker sets date to announce his decision (+video)
CHICAGO — Simeon's young basketball star Jabari Parker has warranted a lot of interest with his recruitment, and it's all about to come to an end. The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Parker will announce his college decision on Dec. 20 at 3 p.m. Central Standard Time.
Parker will decide between BYU, Duke, Michigan State, Florida and Stanford and has made official visits to each of those schools. Duke is thought by most to be the favorite for his services, along with Michigan State. Florida is thought to be the darkhorse. He made his official visit to BYU in late November and has made several unofficial visits to the Provo campus.
Parker is a 6-foot-8 forward prospect who was named as the 2012 national player of the year and stars for No. 1-ranked Simeon High School. He's regarded as either the No. 1 or No. 2 recruit nationally, depending on the service, and will make his announcement at Simeon High.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 171
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 36
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26