Utah State football: Williams and Davis named honorable mention All-Americans by SI.com
Utah State seniors Kerwynn Williams and Will Davis were named honorable mention All-Americans by SI.com, it was announced Tuesday. This is the second All-American honor for Davis in as many weeks as he was also named to the third-team by CBSSports.com on Dec. 3.
Williams joins Davis as the first Aggies to be named an All-American since Kevin Robinson in 2007. Davis is the first Utah State football player to be named an All-American on more than one list in the same year since Robinson was named to five All-American lists in 2007.
Davis and Williams are the 32nd and 33rd football players in Utah State history to earn All-America honors. USU has had a football player named to one of the All-American teams 68 times in school history.
Williams, a 5-foot-8, 189-pound senior running back from Las Vegas, Nevada (Valley HS), made the honorable mention list as an all-purpose runner. He ranks first in the Western Athletic Conference and 11th in the nation in all-purpose yards (163.0 pg), as well as first in the WAC and 23rd in the nation in rushing with 106.42 yards per game. On the season, Williams leads the team in rushing yards (1,277), rushing touchdowns (12), receiving yards (663), receptions (43), all-purpose yards (1,956) and scoring (102).
Davis, a 6-0, 186-pound senior defensive back from Spokane, Wash. (Central Valley HS/De Anza College), made the honorable mention list as a defensive back. He ranks first in the nation in passes defended (1.75 pg), second in the WAC and tied for 11th in the nation in interceptions (0.42 pg), and tied for 38th in the WAC in tackles (4.7 pg). On the season, Davis leads the team in passes defended (21), passes broken up (16) and interceptions (5), while ranking tied for fifth in tackles for loss (4.5) and eighth in overall tackles (56). Davis' five interceptions in 2012 are the most by an Aggie since 2003, while his five interceptions in as many games is the longest USU streak since 1973.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Tanner Mangum's on-the-job training continues...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20