Teen girl stabbed mother in argument over school, police say
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A 40-year-old mother was in surgery Tuesday night after police say she was stabbed multiple times by her 16-year-old daughter.
The attack happened at the woman's house, 344 E. Lamborne Ave., just before 3 p.m. The teen and her mother were reportedly arguing about something that had to do with the daughter's schooling, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
The argument became heated, and the daughter stabbed her mother three times in the chest and stomach with a kitchen knife, Keller said.
Neither the name of the mother nor the daughter were immediately released pending notification of other family members. The mother was alert and talking when emergency crews arrived, and her injuries were not considered life-threatening, Keller said. But she was in surgery at a local hospital Tuesday evening.
The daughter was taken to police headquarters for questioning and was expected to be booked into juvenile detention after. At least three others, including another sibling, witnessed the stabbing, he said.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22