Teen girl stabbed mother in argument over school, police say
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A 40-year-old mother was in surgery Tuesday night after police say she was stabbed multiple times by her 16-year-old daughter.
The attack happened at the woman's house, 344 E. Lamborne Ave., just before 3 p.m. The teen and her mother were reportedly arguing about something that had to do with the daughter's schooling, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
The argument became heated, and the daughter stabbed her mother three times in the chest and stomach with a kitchen knife, Keller said.
Neither the name of the mother nor the daughter were immediately released pending notification of other family members. The mother was alert and talking when emergency crews arrived, and her injuries were not considered life-threatening, Keller said. But she was in surgery at a local hospital Tuesday evening.
The daughter was taken to police headquarters for questioning and was expected to be booked into juvenile detention after. At least three others, including another sibling, witnessed the stabbing, he said.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Audit of embattled S.L. County Recorder's...
- Woman critically injured in Bountiful...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 75
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17