Teen girl stabbed mother in argument over school, police say
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A 40-year-old mother was in surgery Tuesday night after police say she was stabbed multiple times by her 16-year-old daughter.
The attack happened at the woman's house, 344 E. Lamborne Ave., just before 3 p.m. The teen and her mother were reportedly arguing about something that had to do with the daughter's schooling, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
The argument became heated, and the daughter stabbed her mother three times in the chest and stomach with a kitchen knife, Keller said.
Neither the name of the mother nor the daughter were immediately released pending notification of other family members. The mother was alert and talking when emergency crews arrived, and her injuries were not considered life-threatening, Keller said. But she was in surgery at a local hospital Tuesday evening.
The daughter was taken to police headquarters for questioning and was expected to be booked into juvenile detention after. At least three others, including another sibling, witnessed the stabbing, he said.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 101
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9