SOUTH SALT LAKE — A 40-year-old mother was in surgery Tuesday night after police say she was stabbed multiple times by her 16-year-old daughter.
The attack happened at the woman's house, 344 E. Lamborne Ave., just before 3 p.m. The teen and her mother were reportedly arguing about something that had to do with the daughter's schooling, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
The argument became heated, and the daughter stabbed her mother three times in the chest and stomach with a kitchen knife, Keller said.
Neither the name of the mother nor the daughter were immediately released pending notification of other family members. The mother was alert and talking when emergency crews arrived, and her injuries were not considered life-threatening, Keller said. But she was in surgery at a local hospital Tuesday evening.
The daughter was taken to police headquarters for questioning and was expected to be booked into juvenile detention after. At least three others, including another sibling, witnessed the stabbing, he said.
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 103
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 61
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 39
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 38
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24