The Utah Symphony will be performing its annual Lollipop Series, inviting families and children to come and celebrate the holidays. The concert, titled "Here Comes Santa Claus," will include symphonic holiday favorites from around the world. The concert will be held Dec. 22 at 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. in Abravanel Hall.
Songs that will be highlighted in the concert include "Let it Snow," "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and excerpts from "The Nutcracker Suite," according to a news release.
The symphony will be directed by associate conductor Vladimir Kulenovic and will also feature Utah Opera resident artist Andrew Penning.
Activities will be available to entertain young children. Santa Claus will visit the lobby. Audience members can also bring their own bells to ring during a sing-along song in the performance.
Single tickets for the concert range from $6 to $20 and can be purchased by calling (801) 355-ARTS, at the Abravanel Hall ticket office or online at www.utahsymphony.org. For information on group discounts, call (801) 533-NOTE. Ticket prices will increase by $2 when purchased on the day of the performance.
Kylie Lewis is an intern for the Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and does other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho, receiving a bachelor's degree in communications.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Man suffers burns in costly West Valley fire...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21