Michelle King: Violinist Jenny Oaks Baker and former Celtic Woman singer Alex Sharpe perform, on 'Mormon Times TV'
Shadow Mountain Records
For years, my husband and children performed in a number of plays at a local community theater. It worked out well because they rehearsed while I was away at night doing the news, and they had some great bonding time. I always loved attending their performances — especially at Christmas, when they acted in various versions of Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol.”
Our second son, Collin, had the opportunity to play Tiny Tim more than once, and his performances and beautiful young voice always touched my heart. That story and play have become a Christmas tradition for many families — helping us remember that the true meaning of Christmas is giving and that we should strive to be more like the Savior, Jesus Christ.
This Sunday on “Mormon Times TV,” we have two holiday treats for you. We’ll talk to the young star and the director of the holiday film, “Christmas Oranges” — with its message of kindness, forgiveness and generosity.
Plus Grammy nominated violinist Jenny Oaks Baker will be here — along with former Celtic Woman singer Alex Sharpe — to share a gorgeous traditional Christmas song.
Whether through the death of a spouse or because of divorce, many families are learning to mesh two into one, as parents remarry. You’ll meet one blended family that seems to be doing all the right things, plus you’ll see what clinical psychologist Liz Hale recommends for families who are trying to make it work.
And Utah’s 5A powerhouse Jordan High football team sings to find unity. You’ll see how their music choices were a little surprising, on our Dec. 16 show.
The “Mormon Times TV" television show airs weekly on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL-TV/Channel 5 following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast. It can also be viewed online at mormontimestv.ksl.com, where you can see past episodes. And we invite you to follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/MormonTimesTV and join in the conversation.
We’re always looking for inspiring, uplifting stories that involve people of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If you have some ideas you’d like to share with us, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michelle King is the host of "Mormon Times TV," which airs Sundays at 10 a.m. on KSL. Email: email@example.com
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- 'Turbulent and incredibly productive': New...
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is special for...
- A lesson a little girl learned while seeing...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 96
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in... 25
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a... 10
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 9
- A 4-part definition for evangelical... 6
- 4 effective ways to teach your kids... 4
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- New Harmony: A word for teens teetering... 3