WSU basketball: Weber State's Kyle Tresnak named Big Sky Player of the Week
Weber State junior Kyle Tresnak has been named the Big Sky Conference men’s basketball Player of the Week after leading the Wildcats to a pair of home victories.
Tresnak, a 6-foot-10 center from Scottsdale, Ariz., averaged 18 points and 7.5 rebounds per game and shot 65 percent from the field in leading Weber State to the two wins. He scored a season-high 20 points and grabbed a season-high nine rebounds in Wednesday’s 89-56 win over Utah Valley. He followed that up with 16 points and six rebounds as the Wildcats beat UC Irvine 65-51 on Saturday. For the week, Tresnak was 13-20 from the field and a perfect 10-10 from the free-throw line. He also recorded four blocked shots.
Tresnak has scored at least 16 points in each of the last three games — all WSU victories. After six games, he is averaging 9.7 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. He is also third in the Big Sky in blocks at 2.0 per game.
This is his first career Big Sky Player of the Week honor.
Weber State has 20 straight home wins, the fourth longest streak in the nation. The Wildcats host BYU on Saturday at the Dee Events Center.
Paul Grua is the Director of Athletic Communications at Weber State University.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 24
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22