WSU basketball: Weber State's Kyle Tresnak named Big Sky Player of the Week
Weber State junior Kyle Tresnak has been named the Big Sky Conference men’s basketball Player of the Week after leading the Wildcats to a pair of home victories.
Tresnak, a 6-foot-10 center from Scottsdale, Ariz., averaged 18 points and 7.5 rebounds per game and shot 65 percent from the field in leading Weber State to the two wins. He scored a season-high 20 points and grabbed a season-high nine rebounds in Wednesday’s 89-56 win over Utah Valley. He followed that up with 16 points and six rebounds as the Wildcats beat UC Irvine 65-51 on Saturday. For the week, Tresnak was 13-20 from the field and a perfect 10-10 from the free-throw line. He also recorded four blocked shots.
Tresnak has scored at least 16 points in each of the last three games — all WSU victories. After six games, he is averaging 9.7 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. He is also third in the Big Sky in blocks at 2.0 per game.
This is his first career Big Sky Player of the Week honor.
Weber State has 20 straight home wins, the fourth longest streak in the nation. The Wildcats host BYU on Saturday at the Dee Events Center.
Paul Grua is the Director of Athletic Communications at Weber State University.
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 63
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22