WSU basketball: Weber State's Kyle Tresnak named Big Sky Player of the Week
Weber State junior Kyle Tresnak has been named the Big Sky Conference men’s basketball Player of the Week after leading the Wildcats to a pair of home victories.
Tresnak, a 6-foot-10 center from Scottsdale, Ariz., averaged 18 points and 7.5 rebounds per game and shot 65 percent from the field in leading Weber State to the two wins. He scored a season-high 20 points and grabbed a season-high nine rebounds in Wednesday’s 89-56 win over Utah Valley. He followed that up with 16 points and six rebounds as the Wildcats beat UC Irvine 65-51 on Saturday. For the week, Tresnak was 13-20 from the field and a perfect 10-10 from the free-throw line. He also recorded four blocked shots.
Tresnak has scored at least 16 points in each of the last three games — all WSU victories. After six games, he is averaging 9.7 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. He is also third in the Big Sky in blocks at 2.0 per game.
This is his first career Big Sky Player of the Week honor.
Weber State has 20 straight home wins, the fourth longest streak in the nation. The Wildcats host BYU on Saturday at the Dee Events Center.
Paul Grua is the Director of Athletic Communications at Weber State University.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 84
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 79
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 46
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29