Man fixing trailer on side of road hit by passing driver in Holladay
HOLLADAY — A 42-year-old man is in critical condition after being hit by a passing car while he was pulled over attending to a trailer he was towing.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the man pulled over near 1300 East and Spring Lane just after 6 p.m. Monday and got out of his car to attend to the small utility trailer he was towing with his Chevy Tahoe.
While the the driver of the Tahoe was standing on the side of the road, a 25-year-old man headed east in a Subaru hit the man but did not strike the Tahoe or the trailer, Hoyal said. The driver of the Subaru was not injured.
The man was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in extremely critical condition. At the hospital, his condition was upgraded to critical Monday night, Hoyal said.
Spring Lane is a two-lane road without much lighting, he said.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14