Man fixing trailer on side of road hit by passing driver in Holladay
HOLLADAY — A 42-year-old man is in critical condition after being hit by a passing car while he was pulled over attending to a trailer he was towing.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the man pulled over near 1300 East and Spring Lane just after 6 p.m. Monday and got out of his car to attend to the small utility trailer he was towing with his Chevy Tahoe.
While the the driver of the Tahoe was standing on the side of the road, a 25-year-old man headed east in a Subaru hit the man but did not strike the Tahoe or the trailer, Hoyal said. The driver of the Subaru was not injured.
The man was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in extremely critical condition. At the hospital, his condition was upgraded to critical Monday night, Hoyal said.
Spring Lane is a two-lane road without much lighting, he said.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 47
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 24
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake... 19