Man fixing trailer on side of road hit by passing driver in Holladay
HOLLADAY — A 42-year-old man is in critical condition after being hit by a passing car while he was pulled over attending to a trailer he was towing.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the man pulled over near 1300 East and Spring Lane just after 6 p.m. Monday and got out of his car to attend to the small utility trailer he was towing with his Chevy Tahoe.
While the the driver of the Tahoe was standing on the side of the road, a 25-year-old man headed east in a Subaru hit the man but did not strike the Tahoe or the trailer, Hoyal said. The driver of the Subaru was not injured.
The man was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in extremely critical condition. At the hospital, his condition was upgraded to critical Monday night, Hoyal said.
Spring Lane is a two-lane road without much lighting, he said.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 61
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17