Man fixing trailer on side of road hit by passing driver in Holladay
HOLLADAY — A 42-year-old man is in critical condition after being hit by a passing car while he was pulled over attending to a trailer he was towing.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the man pulled over near 1300 East and Spring Lane just after 6 p.m. Monday and got out of his car to attend to the small utility trailer he was towing with his Chevy Tahoe.
While the the driver of the Tahoe was standing on the side of the road, a 25-year-old man headed east in a Subaru hit the man but did not strike the Tahoe or the trailer, Hoyal said. The driver of the Subaru was not injured.
The man was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in extremely critical condition. At the hospital, his condition was upgraded to critical Monday night, Hoyal said.
Spring Lane is a two-lane road without much lighting, he said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15