Man fixing trailer on side of road hit by passing driver in Holladay
HOLLADAY — A 42-year-old man is in critical condition after being hit by a passing car while he was pulled over attending to a trailer he was towing.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the man pulled over near 1300 East and Spring Lane just after 6 p.m. Monday and got out of his car to attend to the small utility trailer he was towing with his Chevy Tahoe.
While the the driver of the Tahoe was standing on the side of the road, a 25-year-old man headed east in a Subaru hit the man but did not strike the Tahoe or the trailer, Hoyal said. The driver of the Subaru was not injured.
The man was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in extremely critical condition. At the hospital, his condition was upgraded to critical Monday night, Hoyal said.
Spring Lane is a two-lane road without much lighting, he said.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 58
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 13
- Hatch plays key role in Senate passing... 12