West Valley City Police Department
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking into a possible connection between robberies at two First Utah Bank branches that happened less than three hours apart Monday.
First Utah Bank is a locally owned community bank with eight branches scattered throughout the Salt Lake Valley. The two locations that were robbed are about 10 miles apart.
West Valley City Police Sgt. Mike Powell said investigators looking into the two incidents will be evaluating any possible connections.
Unified Police say a white man in his mid-20s entered the First Utah Bank at 3826 S. 2300 East in East Millcreek at 1:23 p.m. He presented a note to the teller and left the bank with an undisclosed amount of money, fleeing in a black passenger car with a spoiler on the back and low-profile tires, police said.
The man was about 5 feet 9 inches tall and 160 pounds, wearing a plaid hat, sunglasses, gray puffy coat, black T-shirt and red pants. He did not reveal any weapons while in the bank, police said.
Just before 4 p.m., police say the First Utah Bank at 4900 W. 3500 South in West Valley City was robbed by a Hispanic man in his early 20s, about 5 feet 8 inches tall, with bruising under his right eye.
The man was wearing blue jeans, a dark colored zip-up hoodie, white T-shirt and white ball cap, police said. He demanded money from a teller and fled on foot.
Anyone with information about the East Millcreek robbery can contact Unified Police at 801-743-5915.
Tips about the West Valley robbery can be directed to West Valley City Police at 801-840-4000.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Utah too dependent on federal dollars, state...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Josh Romney first on scene of crash,... 59
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 27
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 15
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15