Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Democratic Party has elected Josie Valdez as vice chairwoman.
“We are one party. We are one Democratic family,” she said. “We are going to grow this party in ways we’ve never even imagined. I intend to work to unite and grow our party as we move forward into 2013 and beyond.”
Valdez replaces Jim Judd who died in a motorcycle accident in August. A longtime Democratic activist, Valdez is a former candidate for lieutenant governor and the state Senate.
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- Five sites now under consideration for new...
- Becky Lockhart remembered on Rare Disease Day...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks out on...
- Lehi supplement firm launches research lab
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 16