Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Democratic Party has elected Josie Valdez as vice chairwoman.
“We are one party. We are one Democratic family,” she said. “We are going to grow this party in ways we’ve never even imagined. I intend to work to unite and grow our party as we move forward into 2013 and beyond.”
Valdez replaces Jim Judd who died in a motorcycle accident in August. A longtime Democratic activist, Valdez is a former candidate for lieutenant governor and the state Senate.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 33
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 31
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27