Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Democratic Party has elected Josie Valdez as vice chairwoman.
“We are one party. We are one Democratic family,” she said. “We are going to grow this party in ways we’ve never even imagined. I intend to work to unite and grow our party as we move forward into 2013 and beyond.”
Valdez replaces Jim Judd who died in a motorcycle accident in August. A longtime Democratic activist, Valdez is a former candidate for lieutenant governor and the state Senate.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 63
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 10
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9