Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Democratic Party has elected Josie Valdez as vice chairwoman.
“We are one party. We are one Democratic family,” she said. “We are going to grow this party in ways we’ve never even imagined. I intend to work to unite and grow our party as we move forward into 2013 and beyond.”
Valdez replaces Jim Judd who died in a motorcycle accident in August. A longtime Democratic activist, Valdez is a former candidate for lieutenant governor and the state Senate.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Christmas giving project makes former patient...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 74
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18