Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Democratic Party has elected Josie Valdez as vice chairwoman.
“We are one party. We are one Democratic family,” she said. “We are going to grow this party in ways we’ve never even imagined. I intend to work to unite and grow our party as we move forward into 2013 and beyond.”
Valdez replaces Jim Judd who died in a motorcycle accident in August. A longtime Democratic activist, Valdez is a former candidate for lieutenant governor and the state Senate.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 22
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14