Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah veterans joined with Gov. Gary Herbert Monday in a ceremony to honor veterans during the holiday season. The annual recognition program is part of the National Wreaths Across America State House Ceremony to be held in the Capitol rotunda in Salt Lake City.
The ceremony simultaneously took place in all 50 states and 24 National Cemeteries at overseas locations.
Wreaths Across America, a nonprofit organization, was founded to continue and expand the annual wreath laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery begun by Maine businessman Morrill Worcester in 1992.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8