Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah veterans joined with Gov. Gary Herbert Monday in a ceremony to honor veterans during the holiday season. The annual recognition program is part of the National Wreaths Across America State House Ceremony to be held in the Capitol rotunda in Salt Lake City.
The ceremony simultaneously took place in all 50 states and 24 National Cemeteries at overseas locations.
Wreaths Across America, a nonprofit organization, was founded to continue and expand the annual wreath laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery begun by Maine businessman Morrill Worcester in 1992.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15