Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah veterans joined with Gov. Gary Herbert Monday in a ceremony to honor veterans during the holiday season. The annual recognition program is part of the National Wreaths Across America State House Ceremony to be held in the Capitol rotunda in Salt Lake City.
The ceremony simultaneously took place in all 50 states and 24 National Cemeteries at overseas locations.
Wreaths Across America, a nonprofit organization, was founded to continue and expand the annual wreath laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery begun by Maine businessman Morrill Worcester in 1992.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 14
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13