UVU basketball: Holton Hunsaker named Great West Player of the Week
Shane Truskolaski, UVU Athletics
NAPERVILLE, Ill. — For the second straight week, Utah Valley University guard Holton Hunsaker has been named the Great West Conference Player of the Week. The junior, who shared the award last week, scored a career-high 32 in a win at Troy. The league office announced the award Monday.
The Wolverines topped the Troy Trojans, 86-82, in a double-overtime thriller Saturday. Hunsaker also scored 12 in an earlier loss last week at Weber State.
"Holton's a hard-working, committed player and it's nice to see his efforts recognized," said head coach Dick Hunsaker of the All-Great West Conference and All-Academic performer.
Hunsaker connected on five 3-pointers on the night and hit 11-for-18 from the field overall. His three with one minute left in overtime sent the game to the second extra frame and his fifth trey of the night, with 1:20 left, gave the Wolverines a six-point lead on the way to the win. He also dished out six assists.
Utah Valley has the week off during finals but prepares for a Saturday game with in-state foe Utah State at 7:05 p.m. in the UCCU Center. That game can be seen nationwide on Fox College Sports.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48