Death marks 2nd suicide at Weber County Jail in a month
OGDEN — A Clinton man was found dead inside his cell at the Weber County Jail Sunday after apparently committing suicide.
Ieve Armand Dominguez, 22, was found about 1 a.m. The man had been in jail since being booked Nov. 1 on several warrants, the most serious of which was a class A misdemeanor, said Weber County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Klint Anderson.
"There was no indication he was depressed or having thoughts of suicide, so this came as a surprise to us," he said.
Dominguez's body was discovered during a routine check of cells. All inmates are checked at least once an hour, Anderson said. Inmates who are on suicide watch are checked more frequently.
The death will be investigated by the Weber County Attorney's Office.
Dominguez's death marks the second inmate suicide in a month at the jail. On Nov. 14, Jeffrey Dean White, 43, was found dead in his cell after apparently hanging himself with a bed sheet. White was charged with murder for the death of his girlfriend.
White was in a maximum security unit, so he was checked every 45 to 60 minutes. But he was not on suicide watch at the time of his death.
Dominguez was charged in January with felony drug possession with intent to distribute and had a trial scheduled for early next year, according to Utah state court records. He was charged in October with possessing false ID with the intent of posing as someone else, a misdemeanor. Dominguez was also convicted of forgery in 2009.
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Police: More than 100 Sanpete County homes...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- 'I just can't say 'I'm sorry' enough': Woman...
- Chopper pilot set to retire after 46 years,...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 22
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 16
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 14