Death marks 2nd suicide at Weber County Jail in a month
OGDEN — A Clinton man was found dead inside his cell at the Weber County Jail Sunday after apparently committing suicide.
Ieve Armand Dominguez, 22, was found about 1 a.m. The man had been in jail since being booked Nov. 1 on several warrants, the most serious of which was a class A misdemeanor, said Weber County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Klint Anderson.
"There was no indication he was depressed or having thoughts of suicide, so this came as a surprise to us," he said.
Dominguez's body was discovered during a routine check of cells. All inmates are checked at least once an hour, Anderson said. Inmates who are on suicide watch are checked more frequently.
The death will be investigated by the Weber County Attorney's Office.
Dominguez's death marks the second inmate suicide in a month at the jail. On Nov. 14, Jeffrey Dean White, 43, was found dead in his cell after apparently hanging himself with a bed sheet. White was charged with murder for the death of his girlfriend.
White was in a maximum security unit, so he was checked every 45 to 60 minutes. But he was not on suicide watch at the time of his death.
Dominguez was charged in January with felony drug possession with intent to distribute and had a trial scheduled for early next year, according to Utah state court records. He was charged in October with possessing false ID with the intent of posing as someone else, a misdemeanor. Dominguez was also convicted of forgery in 2009.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20