Man fired several shots outside restaurant, police say
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man who police say fired multiple shots outside a restaurant, narrowly missing an infant, was arrested over the weekend.
Edgar Flores was arrested Sunday for investigation of three counts of attempted murder, assault, illegally discharging a firearm, possessing a firearm while under the influence and criminal mischief.
On Saturday, Flores got into a fight with another man inside a restaurant near 3500 South and 3100 West. In the parking lot, Flores fired a gun at least six times at another vehicle with a driver and two passengers inside, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. The victims' car door was struck four times but no one was injured.
"A stray round entered a residence traveling through a bedroom nearly striking an infant," the report states.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8