Man fired several shots outside restaurant, police say
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man who police say fired multiple shots outside a restaurant, narrowly missing an infant, was arrested over the weekend.
Edgar Flores was arrested Sunday for investigation of three counts of attempted murder, assault, illegally discharging a firearm, possessing a firearm while under the influence and criminal mischief.
On Saturday, Flores got into a fight with another man inside a restaurant near 3500 South and 3100 West. In the parking lot, Flores fired a gun at least six times at another vehicle with a driver and two passengers inside, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. The victims' car door was struck four times but no one was injured.
"A stray round entered a residence traveling through a bedroom nearly striking an infant," the report states.
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Updated newborn screening test picks up rare...
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex parents...
- District attorney asks A.G. to consider...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- Two killed in high-speed, fiery crash into...
- 2 hospitalized after 6-car pileup in Centerville
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for students
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 126
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex... 75
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 45
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 31
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19