Man fired several shots outside restaurant, police say
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man who police say fired multiple shots outside a restaurant, narrowly missing an infant, was arrested over the weekend.
Edgar Flores was arrested Sunday for investigation of three counts of attempted murder, assault, illegally discharging a firearm, possessing a firearm while under the influence and criminal mischief.
On Saturday, Flores got into a fight with another man inside a restaurant near 3500 South and 3100 West. In the parking lot, Flores fired a gun at least six times at another vehicle with a driver and two passengers inside, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. The victims' car door was struck four times but no one was injured.
"A stray round entered a residence traveling through a bedroom nearly striking an infant," the report states.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man found shot to death in Cottonwood Heights...
- Splash pad in N. Salt Lake’s Legacy...
- Panel seeks submissions for West Bountiful...
- Mapleton to discuss proposed road fee on June 15
- GOED board OKs grants to help 8 rural businesses
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 18
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8