WEST VALLEY CITY — A man who police say fired multiple shots outside a restaurant, narrowly missing an infant, was arrested over the weekend.
Edgar Flores was arrested Sunday for investigation of three counts of attempted murder, assault, illegally discharging a firearm, possessing a firearm while under the influence and criminal mischief.
On Saturday, Flores got into a fight with another man inside a restaurant near 3500 South and 3100 West. In the parking lot, Flores fired a gun at least six times at another vehicle with a driver and two passengers inside, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. The victims' car door was struck four times but no one was injured.
"A stray round entered a residence traveling through a bedroom nearly striking an infant," the report states.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Former West Valley City women's clinic owner...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after... 9