Man fired several shots outside restaurant, police say
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man who police say fired multiple shots outside a restaurant, narrowly missing an infant, was arrested over the weekend.
Edgar Flores was arrested Sunday for investigation of three counts of attempted murder, assault, illegally discharging a firearm, possessing a firearm while under the influence and criminal mischief.
On Saturday, Flores got into a fight with another man inside a restaurant near 3500 South and 3100 West. In the parking lot, Flores fired a gun at least six times at another vehicle with a driver and two passengers inside, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. The victims' car door was struck four times but no one was injured.
"A stray round entered a residence traveling through a bedroom nearly striking an infant," the report states.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20