SALT LAKE CITY — Mayor Ralph Becker has announced the appointment of Eric Shaw as director of Community and Economic Development.
Most recently, Shaw served as vice president of programs and policy at Foundation for Louisiana. He led all of the agency’s programmatic initiatives, including grant making, advocacy support and policy work on issues of civic engagement, affordable housing, small minority business development and community wealth building.
Previous to joining the foundation, Shaw served as director of community planning for the Louisiana Office of Community Development Disaster Recovery Unit. During his term as director, he cultivated partnerships with local planning agencies, managed a $10 million grant program dedicated to community resiliency and supported recovery programs for more than 15 parishes in northern and central Louisiana.
Shaw has also worked in economic development and planning positions in Silicon Valley, Miami and Washington, D.C.
Shaw earned an undergraduate degree from the UCLA and a master’s degree in urban planning from Harvard.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 80
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26