SALT LAKE CITY — Mayor Ralph Becker has announced the appointment of Eric Shaw as director of Community and Economic Development.
Most recently, Shaw served as vice president of programs and policy at Foundation for Louisiana. He led all of the agency’s programmatic initiatives, including grant making, advocacy support and policy work on issues of civic engagement, affordable housing, small minority business development and community wealth building.
Previous to joining the foundation, Shaw served as director of community planning for the Louisiana Office of Community Development Disaster Recovery Unit. During his term as director, he cultivated partnerships with local planning agencies, managed a $10 million grant program dedicated to community resiliency and supported recovery programs for more than 15 parishes in northern and central Louisiana.
Shaw has also worked in economic development and planning positions in Silicon Valley, Miami and Washington, D.C.
Shaw earned an undergraduate degree from the UCLA and a master’s degree in urban planning from Harvard.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 25
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Granite School District reaches... 18