SALT LAKE CITY — Mayor Ralph Becker has announced the appointment of Eric Shaw as director of Community and Economic Development.
Most recently, Shaw served as vice president of programs and policy at Foundation for Louisiana. He led all of the agency’s programmatic initiatives, including grant making, advocacy support and policy work on issues of civic engagement, affordable housing, small minority business development and community wealth building.
Previous to joining the foundation, Shaw served as director of community planning for the Louisiana Office of Community Development Disaster Recovery Unit. During his term as director, he cultivated partnerships with local planning agencies, managed a $10 million grant program dedicated to community resiliency and supported recovery programs for more than 15 parishes in northern and central Louisiana.
Shaw has also worked in economic development and planning positions in Silicon Valley, Miami and Washington, D.C.
Shaw earned an undergraduate degree from the UCLA and a master’s degree in urban planning from Harvard.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12